George Stephanopoulos is an American political commentator and television host who served as the senior advisor to President (1993-1996) and is well-known for co-hosting ABC’s Good Morning America (2009-Present). He has more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 3 million followers on Twitter.
George Robert Stephanopoulos
Fall River, Massachusetts, United States
George was a student at Orange High School in Ohio.
He attended Columbia University and graduated salutatorian with a B.A. degree in Political Science summa cum laude in 1982.
He received a Master’s degree in Theology in 1984 from Balliol College, at the University of Oxford.
Television Host, Political Commentator
- Father – Robert Stephanopoulos (Greek Orthodox Priest)
- Mother – Nickolitsa ‘Nikki’ Chafos
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
George has dated –
- Judie Aronson (1999-2000)
- Ali Wentworth (2001-Present) – George wed actress and comedian Ali Wentworth on November 20, 2001. They are proud parents to daughters Elliott Stephanopoulos (b. September 9, 2002) and Harper Stephanopoulos (b. June 2, 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Greek ancestry.
However, his hair has turned salt-and-pepper with his advancing age.
Greek Orthodox Christianity
George Stephanopoulos Favorite Things
- Books – All The Wrong Moves by Sasha Chapin, Architectural Digest at 100: A Century of Style, The Topeka School by Ben Lerner, Run Away by Harlan Coben, The Impeachers by Brenda Wineapple
George Stephanopoulos Facts
- His New York Times best-selling memoir All Too Human: A Political Education (1999) described his tumultuous time serving in the Clinton administration.
- George harbored dreams of entering the priesthood when young.
- He practices transcendental meditation, which was introduced to him by .
- Stephanopoulos served as the inspiration for ‘s character of Sam Seaborn in the political drama, The West Wing.
Featured Image by George Stephanopoulos / Instagram
Facts of George Stephanopoulos
- full nameGeorge Stephanopoulos
- Date of Birth February 10, 1961
- Age 60 years 9 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 2
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- weight62 kg
- height5 ft 5 in