Glenn McGrath is an Australian former international cricketer who was a key member of his national team that dominated world cricket in the Test and ODI formats from the mid-1990s to the late 2000s and is widely regarded as one of the greatest pace bowlers of all time. Despite not possessing extreme speed, he was highly economical and successful due to his ability to consistently maintain an accurate line and length for long spells and he finished his career with 563 wickets in Test Matches and 381 in ODI matches. Glenn won 3 successive World Cups with Australia (1999, 2003, 2007) and was adjudged the player of the tournament in the 2007 edition. He was inducted into the ‘Sport Australia Hall of Fame’ in 2011 and the ‘ICC (International Cricket Council) Hall of Fame’ in 2013.
Sutherland Shire, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
He is represented by –
- Warren Craig, Manager, Turning Point Management, Castle Hill, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Enhance Entertainment, Booking Agency, Leichhardt, New South Wales, Australia
- Apples and Pears Entertainment, Booking Agency, Double Bay, New South Wales, Australia
- MPC Entertainment, Booking Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- ICMI Speakers and Entertainers, Booking Agency, Prahran, Victoria, Australia
11 – ODI
Girlfriend / Spouse
Glenn has dated –
- Jane Louise McGrath (1995–2008) – Glenn first met Jane Louise, who was a flight attendant then, at a Hong Kong nightclub named Joe Bananas in 1995 and the two began dating soon after. They got married in 2001 and had 2 children together – a son named James and a daughter named Holly. Jane, first diagnosed, in 1997, fought a long battle with metastatic breast cancer and was with Glenn till her death in June 2008. Since 2007, the 3rd day of the New Year Test Match at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) has been celebrated as the ‘Jane McGrath Day’ where Glenn and his foundation have held awareness campaigns and hosted fundraisers to support families dealing with the illness as well as to employ breast cancer nurses around Australia.
- Sara Leonardi (2009–Present) – Glenn met interior designer Sara Leonardi at a party in Cape Town, during the IPL (Indian Premier League) in April 2009. The couple got engaged in July 2010 and were married on November 18, 2010. They have a daughter together named Madison (b. September 2015).
- Lanky frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Toned physique
- Clean-shaven look
Glenn has served as the ambassador for Hardy’s Wines.
He has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Arnott’s Vegemite & Cheese Shapes
Glenn McGrath Favorite Things
- Hobbies/Interests – Traveling, Reading, Watching Movies, Game Hunting
- Movie Franchise/Series – The Lord of the Rings
- Ice Cream Flavor –
- Breakfast – Fried Eggs with Toast
- Magazine – Guns And Game
- Hat Brand – Akubra
- Footwear Brand – R.M. Williams
- Adventure Sport – Skiing
- Travel Destination – Africa
- Actor –
Source – , , MansWorldIndia.com
Glenn McGrath Facts
- He made his debut in first-class cricket for New South Wales in the 1992–93 season and rose through the ranks swiftly, earning his first call up to the national Test squad after just 8 games with New South Wales.
- Glenn played in 4 ODI World Cups for Australia and featured in the tournament final each time. As of January 2020, he held the record for most wickets taken (71), best bowling figures (7/15 vs. Namibia, 2003), as well as the best bowling average (18.19) in the ICC Cricket World Cup.
- He was honored with the Medal, the most prestigious annual men’s honor in Australian cricket, by the CA (Cricket Australia) in 2000.
- In 2005, he was named in both the ‘World Test XI’ and the ‘World ODI XI’ by the ICC.
- Not renowned for his batting ability anyway, he scored a first-ball duck on both his Test debut and ODI debut games. He more than made up for it with his exceptional bowling skill though and as of January 2020, he held the record of dismissing the most number of batsmen for ducks in Test matches (104).
- On January 26, 2008 (Australia Day), Glenn and his late first wife Jane were both made ‘Members of the Order of Australia’ to honor their long-running campaigns about breast cancer awareness, via the McGrath Foundation that the couple had started together in 2002.
- Glenn is the owner of a unique bowling record as he took a wicket with the last ball of his Test career, the last ball of his ODI career, and with the last ball of his T20 career.
Featured Image by Sebastian Reategui / / Public Domain
Facts of Glenn Donald McGrath
- Gender Male
- full nameGlenn Donald McGrath
- middle nameDonald
- nicknamesPigeon, Nobby, Millard, Kuly, Ooh Ah, Rhino, Ninger, Nuff Nuff
- birthplaceDubbo, Orana, New South Wales, Australia
- Date of Birth February 09, 1970
- Age 51 years 9 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- net worth$102 Million
- professionCricketer (Retired)
- weight92 kg or 203 lbs
- height6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
- hair colorLight Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildAthletic
- high schoolNarromine High School
- collegetech college
- motherBeverly McGrath
- fatherKevin McGrath
- brothersDale McGrath
- sistersDonna Deveigne
- favorite moviesThe Lord of the Rings