Gong Hyo-jin is a South Korean actress, singer, writer, and fashion icon who is regarded as the queen of romantic comedies for her remarkable performances in several rom-com projects. Some of her best roles include having been cast as Yang Mi-sook in Crush and Blush, Tak Ye-jin in The Producers, Han-mae in Missing, Dong Baek in When the Camellia Blooms, Chae Eun-hwan in Sang Doo! Let’s Go to School, Pyo Na-ri in Don’t Dare to Dream, Lee Hee-jin in Love Fiction, and Gu Ae-jung in The Greatest Love.
Gong Hyo-jin is represented by Management SOOP.
- Lean physique
- Often sports forehead bangs
Gong Hyo-jin Facts
- She shifted to Australia with her mother and younger brother when she was a junior in high school. However, her father decided to stay in Korea in order to support the family. Later in 1997, the family had to return to Korea due to the IMF crisis.
- In 2008, Gong Hyo-jin appeared as Yang Mi-sook, an unpopular and frumpy high school Russian teacher who has a habit of going red in the face, in the comedy film, Crush and Blush. This role won her the 7th Korean Film Award, 11th Director’s Cut Award, and 9th Women in Film Korea Award for “Best Actress”.
- She served as the jury president for the 2009 International Women’s Film Festival in Seoul.
- Gong Hyo-jin released her book titled Gong Hyo-jin’s Notebook, a collection of essays on the environment, in 2010.
- She was selected as one of the goodwill ambassadors for “Year of Friendship”, the 50th anniversary of bilateral relations between Australia and South Korea, in 2011.
- Between 2014 and 2015, she was cast as Susan in the stage comedy Educating Rita.
- Gong Hyo-jin co-starred as Pyo Na-ri, a weather broadcaster with an optimistic personality, in the 2016 romantic comedy television series, Don’t Dare to Dream. For this role, she bagged the SBS Drama Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Romantic Comedy Drama”.
- She has also appeared in music videos for songs such as Left Alone and I Still Bite My Lips by Lee Soo-young and Brown Hair by Yoon Gun.
- As a singer, Gong Hyo-jin has been part of a couple of songs including I Think I Love You and Bed’s End.
Featured Image by SSG BLOG (Shinsegye official) / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0
Facts of Gong Hyo-jin
- Gender Female
- full nameGong Hyo-jin
- birthplaceSinwol-dong, Seoul, South Korea
- Date of Birth April 04, 1980
- Age 41 years 7 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- nationalitySouth Korean
- net worth$ 400 million
- professionActress, Singer, Writer
- weight52 kg or 114.5 lbs
- height5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorBlack
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeJohn Paul College
- brothersGong Hyo-sung