Haya bint Hussein is the daughter of King Hussein of Jordan and his 3rd wife Queen Alia, and the half-sister of King Abdullah II.
Haya bint Hussein
Princess Haya of Jordan
Kensington Palace Gardens, Kensington, London, England, United Kingdom
Haya bint Hussein studied at Badminton School located in Bristol, England, and then attended Bryanston School in Dorset. In 1993, she got enrolled at St Hilda’s College, Oxford University, and graduated with a BA honors degree in philosophy, politics, and economics (PPE) in 1995.
Member of the Royal Family of Jordan
- Father – King Hussein of Jordan (King of Jordan from 11 August 1952 until his death in 1999)
- Mother – Queen Alia Al-Hussein
- Sibling – Prince Ali bin Hussein (Younger Brother) (President of the JFA, President of the WAFF, Vice President of FIFA)
- Others – Talal of Jordan (Paternal Grandfather) (King of Jordan from the assassination of his father, Abdullah I, on July 20, 1951, until he was forced to abdicate on August 11, 1952), Zein Al-Sharaf Talal (Paternal Grandmother), Sayyid Bahauddin Toukan (Maternal Grandfather) (Jordanian Ambassador), Hanan Hashim (Maternal Grandmother), Princess Rym al-Ali (Sister-In-Law), Princess Jalila bint Ali (Niece), Prince Abdullah bin Ali (Nephew), Abir Muhaisen (Older Adoptive Sister), King Abdullah II of Jordan (Older Paternal Half-Brother), (Sister-In-Law) (Activist, Author), Crown Prince Hussein (Nephew), Princess Iman (Niece), Princess Salma (Niece), Prince Hashem (Nephew)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Haya bint Hussein has dated –
- (2004-2019) – She got married to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, on April 10, 2004, and the marriage ceremony was held at al-Baraka Palace in Amman, Jordan. The duo parents 2 children – daughter Sheikha Al Jalila bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (b. December 2, 2007) and son Sheikh Zayed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (b. January 7, 2012). Her husband divorced her under Sharia law, though she was not informed at the time, on February 7, 2019. It was reported by The Times that Sheikh Mohammed allegedly posted a poem on Instagram, in Arabic and English, accusing his wife of treachery and betrayal.
- Russell Flowers (2011-2013) – She had an affair with soldier Russell Flowers between 2011 and 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair dark brown.
- Pierced ears
- Deep-set eyes
Haya bint Hussein Facts
- Her mother died in a helicopter crash when Haya was just 3 years old.
- She became the 2nd official wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- On September 26, 2014, she was honored as the Officer of the Legion of Honour, the highest French order of merit for military and civil merits.
- She is an accomplished equestrian and has served as the two-term President of the International Federation for Equestrian Sports (FEI).
- Haya bint Hussein became the first Arab and first woman to become Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations World Food Programme.
- She received the 2015 Hunger Hero Award by United Nations World Food Programme in Davos, Switzerland.
Featured Image by TMF95 / / CC BY-SA 4.0
Facts of Haya bint Hussein
- full nameHaya bint Hussein
- Date of Birth May 03, 1974
- Age 47 years 7 months
- Horoscope Taurus
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Emerald
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
- weight62 kg
- height5 ft 7 in