Hosea Chanchez is an American actor, singer, rapper, and philanthropist. He is best known for playing the lead role of a quarterback player, Malik El Debarge Wright, in the comedy, drama, romance TV series The Game (2006-2015).
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
He attended Sidney Lanier High School in Montgomery, Alabama, United States. He also studied under a well-known booking coach named Amy Lyndon.
Actor, Rapper, Singer, Philanthropist
- Mother – She is deceased.
- Siblings – Dwight Richburg (Brother)
- Others – Ashlea Brooke Santiago (Cousin) (Actress), “Pooh Bear” (Nephew), Kyra Nikole (Niece), AJB (Grandfather), Ketesa (Sister-in-Law)
Hosea Chanchez is represented by –
- Brave Artists Management (Manager) in Studio City, California, United States
- Myman Greenspan Fox Rosenberg Mobasser Younger & Light (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hosea Chanchez has dated –
- Bianca Mcduffy (1995) –
- Eva Marcille (2002-2005) – He was engaged to a model, Eva Marcille, in the past.
- Drew Sidora (2007)
- Kendra C. Johnson (2007)
- (2009-2013) – He started dating a fellow actress, Francia Raisa, in April 2009. They got engaged in February 2013 but broke off the engagement in April 2013.
- Hayley Annice (2014)
- Naturi Naughton (2014, 2016, 2019) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Muscular physique
Hosea appeared in a TV commercial for Walgreens in the past.
He is also the founder of a non-profit organization named Watch Me Win.
Hosea Chanchez Favorite Things
- Books – Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender (2014) by David R. Hawkins M.D. Ph.D., Changed By Faith (2011) by Luis Palau, How Successful People Grow (2014) by John C. Maxwell
- Filmmaker – John Singleton
- Rapper –
- Player –
- Activists – ,
- Lawyer/Author –
- Food – Butternut Squash Soup
- Quote – “You don’t become what you want, you become what you believe.” –
- Personal Quote – “One day in my dream I woke up, for in my dream I had realized that all this time I had been asleep.”
- Bible Psalm – Isaiah 54:17
Source – , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Hosea Chanchez Facts
- He spent the majority of his childhood in Atlanta, Georgia, and Alabama.
- Hosea was raised by his grandfather, who he felt was his “father from birth” and his single mother, the hardest-working woman he knew.
- He was born into a supportive family.
- Hosea realized he has a passion for performing by singing along to the records his grandmother owned.
- Hosea knew he wanted to be an actor by the age of 10.
- Potato chips used to be one of his favorite foods in 1982.
- Shortly after he graduated high school, around 1998, Hosea moved to California, to pursue an acting career. To pay the bills, he worked as a car salesman and slept in his car for about 30 days while auditioning.
- In his free time, he reads, paints, and writes music.
- Hosea considers himself a big foodie and ‘the guy’ to ask for restaurant recommendations. He also enjoys grilling food and experimenting with .
- He has an English bulldog named Lola, a Chocolate Labrador named Charlee Brown, born in 2009, and a Labrador named Disney.
- In September 2019, Hosea opened up about being s*xually abused at the age of 14 by a friend’s father named Isaac Sanders.
- His best friend is named Antwyne Delonde.
- Hosea has a tattoo on the biceps of his right arm. He also has a tattoo that encompasses his entire left pec and shoulder.
- Hosea is a shy person by nature and has to make a conscious effort to be extroverted.
- As of June 2020, the actors he wants to work with are , , , Keenan Ivory Wayans, , and .
Featured Image by Hosea Chanchez / Instagram
Facts of Hosea Chanchez
- full nameHosea Chanchez
- Date of Birth September 12, 1981
- Age 40 years 4 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- weight93 kg
- height6 ft 1 in