Howard Jones is a talented English musician, singer, and songwriter. He is known for hit songs like What Is Love?, New Song, Like to Get to Know You Well, No One Is to Blame, and Things Can Only Get Better.
John Howard Jones
Southampton, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
Creech St Michael, near Taunton, Somerset, England, United Kingdom
Howard Jones studied at the Heol Llanishen Fach primary school and Whitchurch Grammar School in South Wales. After that, he attended the Royal Grammar School in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
Little later in the mid-1970s, he attended the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
- Siblings – Roy Jones (Younger Brother) (Musician), Martin Jones (Younger Brother) (Musician), Paul Jones (Younger Brother) (Musician)
Howard Jones is managed by –
- Rick Shoor for booking in North America, Paradise Artists, New York City, New York, United States
- Katsuhisa Ogawa for booking in Japan, Spectrum Management, Tokyo, Japan
Synth-Pop, New Wave
Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals, Drums, Piano
- Elektra Recordings
- East West Recordings
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Howard Jones has dated –
- Jan Smith – He is married to Jan Smith.
Race / Ethnicity
Howard Jones Favorite Things
- Instrument – Piano
Source – HowardJones.com
Howard Jones Facts
- At the age of 7, he started taking piano lessons.
- During his teenage years, his family moved to Canada.
- His first band was a progressive rock group called Warrior.
- Bill Bryant, who was a Buddhist practitioner, became a significant influence in his life.
- In the late 1970s, he and his brothers had a band called Red Beat.
- Before becoming a successful musician, he worked in a cling film factory.
- He is a member of the Buddhist movement called Soka Gakkai, where he also oversees one of its choirs, the Glorious Life Chorus.
- Howard is a vegetarian.
- He started practicing the chanting of “Nam myoho renge kyo” (I devote myself to the Lotus Sutra) in 1991 and stated that it had positively affected his life.
- In 1986, Rolling Stone magazine voted him the “Keyboard Player of the Year”.
- From all his earliest albums, he is proudest of Hide And Seek as it has the message of hope.
Featured Image by Mark Kent / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Howard Jones
- full nameHoward Jones
- Date of Birth February 23, 1955
- Age 66 years 9 months
- Horoscope Pisces
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Aquamarine
- Lucky Color Sea Green
- Best Match for Marriage Cancer, Scorpio
- weight68 kg
- height5 ft 7 in