Hugh Fraser is an English actor, theatre director, and author who came to limelight after playing the role of Anthony Eden in the TV series Edward & Mrs. Simpson (1978) following which he began to be frequently cast as upper class or aristocratic characters in TV shows including The Draughtsman’s Contract (1982) where he essayed the part of Mr Talmann. He gained further popularity by portraying the character of Captain Arthur Hastings in the television series Agatha Christie’s Poirot (1989-2013) opposite . He has also starred in several movies such as Patriot Games (1992) in which he performed as Geoffrey Watkins.
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Woodbridge, Suffolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom
He took lessons in acting by attending the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art and the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
He is represented by The Artists Partnership.
6 ft or 183 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Belinda Lang (1988-Present) – He tied the knot with actress Belinda Lang on October 15, 1988. They have a daughter named Lily.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Tall stature
- Thin lips
- Sharp nose
Hugh Fraser Favorite Things
- TV Episode He Thoroughly Enjoyed Working For – Murder in Mesopotamia (2002) that was filmed in Tunisia and set on an archaeological dig, as it was very evocative to film it due to its being very close to the author Agatha Christie’s own experience that involved her going with her archaeologist husband on a dig in the historical place
Hugh Fraser Facts
- He was raised in the Midlands.
- He was a member of the folk band named Telltale in the early 1970s and he co-wrote and performed the theme music for the British TV show for children called Rainbow (1972).
- Fraser has affirmed that during the behind-the-scenes program for the TV film Sharpe’s Challenge (2006), the makeup artists had to create a new “Wellington nose” for the new series after not being able to find the old one. He has gone on to disclose that he took the new one home with him when the shooting was done so that there would be no problem if another episode was planned.
- He has recalled that due to most of the series Agatha Christie’s Poirot being set in the 1930s, he would go to many little-known houses that had been built in the art deco style as well as had also stayed furnished in that style and that he would at times have a wonderful time driving in a lovely car along country roads or through the middle of London, wearing the suits and the hat, and all that would feel glamorous.
- Apart from acting, Fraser has also written books, his first novel named Harm having been published in 2015, followed by others like Threat (2016) and Malice (2017).
Featured Image by Langdale Pike / Instagram
Facts of Hugh Fraser
- full nameHugh Fraser
- Date of Birth October 23, 1945
- Age 76 years 1 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- weight72 kg
- height6 ft