Indira Gandhi was an Indian politician who was a well-known figure in the Indian National Congress. She also served as the first Prime Minister of India. On the other hand, she was notably known to be the daughter of distinguished politician Jawaharlal Nehru and freedom fighter, Kamala Nehru and was the matriarch of politician Rajiv and Sanjay Gandhi.
Indira was born on November 19, 1917.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Indira Gandhi’s name was linked with –
- (1942-1960) – They had 2 sons named, (August 20, 1944) and (December 14, 1946).
- M.O. Mathai – In the 1978 book “Reminiscences of the Nehru Age”, the author M.O. Mathai who was Jawaharlal Nehru’s secretary stated that he and Ms. Indira Gandhi were in a romantic affair. He even stated it was her who initiated it and gave him books to read on how to please a woman. They had also fallen deeply in love with one another and had been together for 12 years until, Mathai, as stated in his , saw Indira lay in bed with another man.
- Dhirendra Brahmachari – According to sources, they had a short fling.
- The right side of her hair was white, whereas the left side black in color.
- Maintained a shoulder-length hairstyle
Indira Gandhi Favorite Things
- Books – Iris Murdoch’s “An Unofficial Rose”
- Holiday Destination – Kashmir
Source – ,
Indira Gandhi Facts
- She had a younger brother who died when he was only a week old.
- Indira was raised at the Anand Bhavan in Allahabad.
- While at Oxford University, she closely worked with the Oxford Majlis Asian Society.
- Despite having not completed her graduation, Indira was presented with the honor of being one of the Oxasians, illustrious Asian graduates from the University of Oxford in 2010.
- Indira led India to victory against Pakistan during the Bangladesh liberation war in 1971. For that, she was presented with the prestigious Bharat Ratna award and in 2011, she was posthumously given the Bangladesh Freedom Honour.
- She put India on the map along with other countries with nuclear weapons.
Featured Image By Public.Resource.Org / / CC BY 2.0
Facts of Indira Nehru
- Gender Female
- full nameIndira Nehru
- nicknamesMother India
- birthplaceAllahabad, United Provinces of Agra and Oudh, British India
- Date of Birth November 19, 1917
- Age 104 years 0 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- weight64 kg or 141 lbs
- height5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeUniversity of Oxford
- favorite booksIris Murdoch’s “An Unofficial Rose”