Irène Jacob is a French actress and voiceover artist who is well-known for her notable performances in several shows and movies such as Weronika/Véronique in The Double Life of Véronique, Lyuda in Predskazaniye, Valentine Dussaut in Three Colors: Red, Ingrid in The Education of Fairies, Claire Martin in The Inner Life of Martin Frost, and Juliette Le Gall in The Affair.
Irène Jacob is represented by AS Talents, Talent Agency, Paris, France.
- Dimpled smile
- Usually sports short hair
Irène Jacob Facts
- She was just 3 years old when her family relocated from France to Geneva, Switzerland.
- Irène Jacob grew up in a family of academics and got inclined towards arts only after the family moved to Switzerland. Regarding her family and her love for art, she said, “My family was very shy with feelings and never spoke about them, but we evolved a little bit. I think part of the reason I was attracted to the theater was because I wanted to be close to stories because they could help me relate to my family.”
- She developed a strong liking for the art of acting after watching the films of the world-renowned English comic actor, filmmaker, and composer, Charlie Chaplin. She said, “They made me laugh and cry, and that was exactly what I was waiting for in a film: to awaken me to my feelings.”
- In 1987, Irène Jacob made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Mlle Davenne in the autobiographical war drama film, Au revoir les enfants (English: Goodbye, Children), which starred the likes of Gaspard Manesse, Raphael Fejtö, Philippe Morier-Genoud, and Francine Racette.
- For her role as Weronika/Véronique in the 1991 French-Polish-Norwegian drama film, The Double Life of Véronique, she won Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actress in 1991, César Award Nomination for Best Actress in 1992, and Sant Jordi Best Foreign Actress Award in 1993.
- As a voice actress, Irène Jacob made her film debut by providing vocals to the character of La mère de Parva in the animated film, La légende de Parva, in 2003.
- She was also one of the members on the panel that selected the French euro coins.
- Irène Jacob has worked with Polish film director and screenwriter, Krzysztof Kieślowski, on a couple of projects like The Double Life of Veronique and Three Colours: Red.
- She is well-versed in languages like French, English, German, and Italian.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Irène Marie Jacob
- Gender Female
- full nameIrène Marie Jacob
- middle nameMarie
- birthplaceSuresnes, Paris, France
- Date of Birth July 15, 1966
- Age 57 years 7 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- net worth$20 million
- professionActress, Voiceover Artist
- weight52 kg or 114.5 lbs
- height5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- fatherMaurice Jacob
- brothersFrancis Jacob