Irene Choi is an American actress who came to limelight after portraying the role of Ellen in the TV show Just Go With It (2015) and gained further popularity by starring as Dixie Sinclair in the dark comedy-drama web television series Insatiable (2018-2019). She has appeared in several movies such as Fifty Shades of Black (2016) where she performed the part of Mai and The Outdoorsman (2017) in which she played the character of Annie.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She is represented by Artists First.
- Shapely lips
- Expressive eyes
Irene Choi Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Crafting, Playing video games, Resident Evil being one of her most-loved ones
- Has Craved To Visit – The moon
- Netflix Show Other Than Insatiable – Black Mirror
- Outfit From The First Season Of Insatiable – A blue dress with white butterfly sleeves and detached matching cuffs
- Actors Or Shows That Had Sparked The Interest In Acting For Her – Sesame Street, watching which as a toddler she would point to the television and tell her friends that she wanted to do what the people there were doing, The Simpsons, that she was a huge fan of while growing up, Seinfeld, that she used to watch obsessively, Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, 3rd Rock, and films by Christopher Guest
- Fan Of – Reality TV shows particularly The Bachelor and 90 Day Fiancé
Irene Choi Facts
- When she was going to Harvard University, she used to play the violin in the Harvard Orchestra, was a DJ for the college radio station, and used to perform in an all-girl rock band.
- She has affirmed that her background of having studied Psychology had helped her a lot to get into the mindset of the different characters on the set as the cast consisted of people essentially going through deep psychological turmoil whether they were aware of it or not.
- Irene has found the most challenging part of playing a comedic villain like Dixie to be the fact that the character is so different from hers. Dixie has said and done awful and offensive things that she herself would never even think of doing in real life. Irene had felt it important for her as an actress to find some grounding and humanity, which the writers had given her a scope to do and so it was not too difficult, but still, she had found the acting to be a challenge.
- Regarding the playful and rather over-the-top wardrobe for Dixie Sinclair, she has stated that the costume designer had done a splendid job catering to what she believed the characters would wear, so much so that she had felt her costumes to be kind of her armor to make her feel more like the character she was portraying.
- She has more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Irene Choi / Instagram
Facts of Irene Choi
- Gender Female
- full nameIrene Choi
- birthplaceLos Angeles, California, United States
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundSouth Korean
- net worth$420 thousand
- weight55 kg or 121 lbs
- height5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorBlack
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeHarvard University