Jack Roush is the winningest owner in NASCAR history and an icon of American engineering. Other than that, he is also the founder, CEO, and co-owner of Roush Fenway Racing and Chairman of the Board of Roush Enterprises.
Jackson Earnest Roush
Covington, Kentucky, United States
Northville, Michigan, United States
Jack graduated with a degree in Mathematics and a minor in Physics from Berea College.
After this, he earned his Masters in Scientific Mathematics from Eastern Michigan University.
Engineer, Businessman, NASCAR Team Owner
- Father – Charlie Roush
- Mother – Georgetta Roush
- Siblings – Frank Roush (Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has a daughter named Susan Roush McClenaghan and a son named Jack Roush Jr.
Race / Ethnicity
With age, his hair has turned into the color of salt and pepper.
- He wears a hat and a pair of spectacles.
- Bulbous nose
- Thick eyebrows
Jack Roush Facts
- He was brought up in Manchester, Ohio.
- Jack is a professional mathematician.
- In 1966, he joined Ford and continued to work there until 1970, in order to start his own company. In the past, he also worked with Chrysler but left in order to start an engineering business.
- Roush partnered with Zakspeed in 1982 and started developing road racing cars for Ford which eventually sored sky high during the Trans-Am series and the IMSA Camel GT between the ’80s to the ’90s.
- He joined hands with now-retired stock car racing driver Mark Anthony Martin in 1988 and formed his own team during the NASCAR Winston Cup Series.
- As of 2020, race car drivers Chris Buescher and Ryan Newman drove for Roush Fenway Racing in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and Ryan Reed, as well as race car drivers Austin Cindric and Ty Majeski, drove for them Roush in the NASCAR Xfinity Series
- Until early 2020, he had won 8 championships as a car owner. Also, he has 2 Daytona 500 title wins as a car owner.
- His company Roush Enterprises houses a host of sub-companies such as Roush Racing, Roush CleanTech, and Roush Industries.
- On the day of his 60th birthday, April 19, 2002, Roush’s Aircam crashed in a lake located in Troy, Alabama. Upon crashing, his plane was spotted by a nearby man in a boat, who immediately went to his rescue. Upon reaching the already sunk plane, Roush was found unconscious and was also given CPR once brought to shore and UAB Hospital in Birmingham.
- The plane crash left him with a head injury, broken ribs, and a shattered left leg. Also, he suffered from cramps in both his arms and first-degree chemical burns on his body from the fuel.
- 8 years after his first airplane crash on July 27, 2010, he crashed his Hawker Beechcraft Premier 390 jet upon approach to the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. He was immediately taken to hospital where he was treated for a fractured back and broken jaw. He also lost vision in his left eye.
Featured Image By Rob Street / / CC BY-SA 4.0
Facts of Jack Roush
- full nameJack Roush
- Date of Birth April 19, 1942
- Age 79 years 7 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- weight76 kg
- height5 ft 7 in