Jason Ferus Blum is an American actor and producer (film and television). He is the founder of the production house called Blumhouse Productions. Blum is also the CEO of the production house, which produced a lot of excellent movies and micro-budget short films.
Well, how well do you know about Jason Blum? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Jason Blum’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Jason Blum to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Jason Blum was born in Los Angeles in California, United States of America. He was born into the family of Irving Blum and Shirley Neilsen Blum on the 20th of February in 1969. His mother worked as a professor of Art. Blum’s father was an independent art dealer. He also had a gallery of his own where he was the director. The name of the studio was Ferus Gallery. Irving was Jewish.
In an interview, his mother says, “Jason was raised from the age of four by a single working mother in Dobbs Ferry. When visiting his father in the city, he did meet many artists, but this was not at all his normal world.” Shirley said that Jason’s childhood memories sound more like Stranger Things than an art apprentice.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Jason Blum in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Jason Blum’s age is 52 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 20 February 1969. Though, he is 6′ 2″ in feet and inches and 188 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 176 lbs in Pound and 80kg in Kilograms.
Jason Blum went to a boarding school at Taft School, which was located in Connecticut. He then went to Vassar College for his higher studies. He majored in Drama, and even his Vassar experience has played a significant role in shaping his future as an actor and producer. The courses he took in college have somehow evolved his critical thinking skills, and other activities have made him more curious about the world. He is also a trustee at Vassar College.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Jason Blum got married to a journalist named Lauren A.E. Schuker in Los Angeles, California, in the United States of America. They got married on July 14, 2012. Jason and Lauren have a daughter together. Her name is Roxy Blum.
Jason Blum bought a townhouse in Brooklyn Heights in July 2019. He purchased the townhouse for $9.8 million.
Is Jason Blum Gay?
No, Jason Blum is not gay because he has been involved with different women in the past and now is married to Lauren Schuker, whom he also has a daughter. His daughter’s name is Roxy Blum.
Blum later on worked as an independent producer for Paramount Pictures where as he first worked as an executive at Miramax. He worked for Bob and Harvey Weinstein at first. Jason is a prime member of the board of trustees of the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.
In 2000, Jason Blum founded his company which is called “Blumhouse Productions.” The production house specializes in producing micro-budget movies that give directors complete creative control over the projects. Blumhouse Productions produced the horror franchises Insidious (2010–2018), Paranormal Activity (2007–2015), and The Purge (2013–2021). Blum also produced Oculus (2013), Whiplash (2014), Sinister (2012), The Gift (2015), Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016), Hush (2016), Split (2016), Get Out (2017), Happy Death Day (2017), Halloween (2018), Upgrade (2018), Us (2019), and The Invisible Man (2020).
Some of his achievements are listed below:
- Nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture for Get Out (2017) and Whiplash (2014).
- Nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture for BlacKkKlansman (2018)
- He was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in the category of outstanding Limited Series for his movie Sharp Objects (2018)
- Won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Television Movie for The Normal Heart (2014)
- Hewon the Primetime Emmy Award in the category of Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Series for the movie The Jinx (2015).
- Won the Black Reel Awards for Outstanding Motion Picture for the movie Get Out (2017)
- He won the CinemaCon in the category of producer of the Year.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Jason Blum in 2021
Jason Blum has a net worth of $220 million as of last estimated in 2021. He has made a lot of fortune from producing a lot of excellent movies. He has purchased some houses in America as well, which are worth in millions.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Jason Blum has a business motto that is making his movies three million or lower.
- His mother was previously married to another man, a museum director. His name was Walter Hopps.
- He is a 1991 graduate from Vassar College.
- He founded Blumhouse Productions. He started this in the year 2000.
Jason Blum is a popular American actor and producer who is the founder and CEO of Blumhouse Productions. The company is a multi-media production company that has mastered in new studio film-making and producing high-quality micro-budget movies under the radar of experts. Blum began his professional career as the producing director of a theatre company. This was a Malaparte theatre company. Ethan Hawke founded this Malaparte theatre company.
Facts of Jason Ferus Blum
- Gender Male
- full nameJason Ferus Blum
- birthplaceLos Angeles, California, United States
- Date of Birth February 20, 1969
- Age 52 years 7 months
- Horoscope Pisces
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Aquamarine
- Lucky Color Sea Green
- Best Match for Marriage Cancer, Scorpio
- net worth$220 million
- professionActor, Producer
- weightIn Kilograms – 80 Kg, In Pounds – 176 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 188 cm, In Feet and Inches – 6′ 2″
- hair colorBrown
- eye colorHazel
- high schoolTaft School