Jason McCaslin is a Canadian singer, songwriter, musician, TV personality, and record producer. He is best known as the backing vocalist and bassist of the rock band Sum 41 starting with its formation in 1999. Jason also co-founded a garage punk/garage rock band The Operation M.D. with Todd Morse in 2006.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jason McCaslin, as part of Sum 41, is represented by –
- The Feldman Agency (Talent Agent) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Sound Talent Group (Talent Agent) in the United States
- Patriot Management (Manager) in the United States
- Big Picture Media Online (Publicist) in the United States
Alternative Rock, Garage Rock, Punk Rock, Pop Punk, Garage Punk, Melodic Hardcore, Alternative Metal
Vocals, Guitar, Bass
- Island Records
- Aquarius Records
- Mouth to Mouth Music
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason McCaslin has dated –
- Shannon Boehlke (2008-Present) – He married Shannon on September 5, 2008. At their wedding, his friends, Deryck Whibley and Toby Morse (Todd Morse’s younger brother) performed Sum 41‘s song Pieces as well as U2‘s song One. Shannon gave birth to their 1st child, a son named Max Grey McCaslin on December 22, 2014. Their daughter, Ayla Rose McCaslin, was born on October 9, 2018.
- Signature spiky haircut
- Beautiful eyes
- Tall height
Jason McCaslin Favorite Things
- Bass Guitar – Olympic White Fender Precision Bass
- Singer/Songwriter/Musician – Dee Dee Ramone
- Bassist – Paul Simonon
- Band – The Clash
- Song To Play On Stage – Still Waiting from Does This Look Infected? (2002)
Source – , WeLoveBudapest.com
Jason McCaslin Facts
- His dad earned the nickname “P*rno Paul” because he taught Jason the importance of “a fine p*rno flick.”
- He started playing bass at the age of 14 after he bought his 1st guitar, an El Degas.
- Jason initially played bass in a grunge garage band during high school with a few neighbors. They held names such as Second Opinion, Wizard, Lizard Tongue, and Presse.
- On the 41st day of summer in 1999, Jason joined Sum 41, which changed its name from Supernova. It already consisted of 3 other members, , , and .
- Jason replaced a previous Supernova bassist, , who quit to start playing for .
- He was given the nickname “Cone” by Deryck in high school because he often ate cones for lunch.
- Only his parents call him Jason and he always feels like he’s in trouble when they do.
- He worked as a movie usher before he joined Sum 41.
- Unlike his band members, he does not like hip-hop/rap music.
- Jason and his band members nearly lost their lives in 2004, filming a documentary Rocked: Sum 41 In The Congo in collaboration with NGO War Child Canada. Despite having a peace treaty signed, a rogue militia started bombarding the hotel the band was staying in.
- On the 8th day, after 18 to 20 hours of nearly constant gunfire, a Canadian United Nations Peacekeeper Chuck Pelletier evacuated them in an armored personal carrier. To honor him for saving their lives, the band named their 3rd studio albums Chuck (2004) and Go Chuck Yourself (2005).
- He removed from his in 2006.
- Jason has produced music for bands and artists such as Shelter With Thieves, The Strumbellas, Walter Senko, Sun K, Anna Toth, and LeBarons.
- He uses a Fender American Vintage ’62 Re-Issue Precision Bass and Fender ’59 Re-Issue Precision Basses to record songs in the studio.
- Jason uses an Ampeg SVT bass head and an Ampeg 8×10 bass cabinet.
Featured Image by Skumfuk41 / / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Jason McCaslin
- Gender Male
- full nameJason McCaslin
- Date of Birth September 03, 1980
- Age 41 years 3 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- net worthSinger, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician, TV Personality
- weight76 kg or 167.5 lbs
- height6 ft or 183 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- high schoolExeter High School
- motherSharon McCaslin
- fatherPaul “Porno Paul” McCaslin
- sistersKatie McCaslin, Allison McCaslin
- favorite bandsThe Clash
- favorite songsStill Waiting from Does This Look Infected? (2002)