Jason Witten is an American professional football player who has represented the Dallas Cowboys (2003–2017, 2019) and the Las Vegas Raiders (2020–Present) in the NFL (National Football League) and is widely regarded as one of the best players to have ever played at the tight end position. During his illustrious career, he has been selected for the Pro Bowl (NFL‘s All-Star Game) 11 times (2004–2010, 2012–2014, 2017). He won the Walter Payton ‘NFL Man of the Year’ award in 2012 and the Bart Starr Award in 2013. As of May 2020, he was ranked at number 2 in terms of all-time career receptions (1,215) as well as receiving yards (12,977) by an NFL tight end. He had retired in 2018 and worked as a lead analyst for ESPN but announced his return to the sport in February 2019. He was inducted in the ‘Texas Sports Hall of Fame’ in 2019.
Christopher Jason Witten
Elizabethton, Carter County, Tennessee, United States
Westlake, Texas, United States
Jason had graduated from the Elizabethton High School in 2000, where he used to play both basketball and football. The same year, he earned a scholarship to and played college football for the University of Tennessee.
Professional Football Player
- Father – Ed Witten (Mailman)
- Mother – Kimberly Witten Barnett
- Siblings – Ryan Witten (Older Brother), Shawn Witten (Older Brother)
- Others – Dave Rider (Grandfather) (Football Coach)
82 – Dallas Cowboys, Las Vegas Raiders
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
119 kg or 262.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason has dated –
- Michelle Benson Morley (1998–Present) – Jason began dating Michelle Benson Morley in 1998 when they were in high school together. They eventually got married and have 4 children together – 2 sons named Cooper Witten and C. J. Witten and 2 daughters named Hadley Grace Witten and Landry Witten.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a trimmed goatee
- Affable smile
Jason Witten Facts
- Born in Elizabethton, Tennessee, Jason was primarily raised in Washington D.C. He returned to Elizabethton at the age of 11 to live with his grandparents after his father had become addicted to alcohol and drugs and would often display abusive behavior toward his mother and older brothers.
- His grandfather, Dave Rider, used to coach the school football team where he would play as both linebacker and tight end. He had helped the team reach the state semi-finals thrice. In his senior year, he earned All-American and All-State accolades and was named the USA Today ‘Player of the Year for Tennessee’ and the ‘Region Defensive Player of the Year’.
- In 2003, the year he left the University of Tennessee, he was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft. In his junior year (2002), he had set college records for the tight end position in receptions (39) and receiving yards (493). He earned First Team All-SEC (Southeastern Conference) and Academic All-SEC honors that year.
- He has appeared in a video for the not-for-profit multi-media movement I Am Second where he discussed his Christian faith.
Featured Image by Jason Witten / Instagram
Facts of Jason Witten
- full nameJason Witten
- Date of Birth May 06, 1982
- Age 39 years 6 months
- Horoscope Taurus
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Emerald
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
- weight119 kg
- height6 ft 6 in