Jawaharlal Nehru was a well distinguished central figure who was known to be the first Prime Minister of India and the longest-serving Prime Minister. He was an eminent leader during the “Indian Independence Movement” that was started by the father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi. Jawaharlal Nehru is also often credited as the person who shaped India.
Jawaharlal Nehru was born on November 14, 1889.
He died on May 27, 1964, at the age of 74 in New Delhi due to a heart attack.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pandit Nehru’s name was linked with –
- (1916-1936) – They had a daughter named (b. November 19, 1917) and a son who was born in November 1924, but sadly met with his demise at only one week old.
- Tall physique
- Triangular face shape
Jawaharlal Nehru Facts
- Nehru was raised in a well-to-do household and even resided at the Anand Bhavan.
- He was the son of his father’s 2nd wife.
- Nehru’s stepmother died during childbirth.
- His mother Swaruprani served as an advocate for civil disobedience during the quit India movement.
- He inherited his named “Pandit” from his father’s roots who belonged to the Kashmiri Pandit heritage.
- It was his science teacher Ferdinand T. Brooks, who got him hooked onto the study of science and theosophy.
- British socialite, theosophist, and human rights activist Annie Besant helped Nehru get into the Theosophical Society when he was only 13 years old. However, he lost interest in it after a short while.
- Nehru was called to the bar for the first time in 1912. Despite having joined as a lawyer at the Allahabad High Court, he soon lost passion as he did not like his work environment and soon moved into politics.
- After his return to India in 1912, he joined the Indian Congress and campaigned against the discrimination faced by Indians in British colonies.
- Due to his long-running interest in culture and religion, Nehru published his first book titled The Discovery of India (1946). This was done shortly after his release from Ahmednagar fort where he was imprisoned from 1942 to 1946.
- His resting place is at Shantivan in New Delhi.
Featured Image By Prakash pandey07 / / CC BY-SA 4.0
Facts of Jawaharlal Nehru
- Gender Male
- full nameJawaharlal Nehru
- nicknamesPandit Nehru, Chacha Nehru
- birthplaceAllahabad, North-Western Provinces, British India (Uttar Pradesh, India)
- Date of Birth November 14, 1889
- Age 132 years 0 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundKashmiri Pandit and Kashmiri Brahim
- professionPolitician, Writer, Barrister
- weight81 kg or 178.5 lbs
- height5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeprestigious Trinity College
- sistersKrishna Nehru Hutheesing
- favorite foodTandoori chicken