Jay Sean is a famous renowned British Songster, composer, Rapper, Beatboxer, and music producer. His first project was with producer Rishi Rich in UK’s Asian Underground Scene named “Dance With You,” which scored the 12th rank on the UK singles Chart in 2003. In 2004 Jay signed with Virgin Records and gave two singles, massive hits “Eyes on You” and “Me against Myself,” topping 6th position in the UK charts selling more than two million copies all around Asia.
Well, how well do you know about Jay Sean? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Jay Sean’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Jay Sean to date.
Biography and Early Life
Jay Sean was born to an Indian Sikh family in London. His parents are Sharan Jhooti and Bindi Jhooti, who were migrants from India. Jay Sean’s actual name is Kamaljit Singh Jhooti, who had a keen interest in music from early childhood. Jay and his cousin performed their first hip hop stage performance at the age of 11 named ‘ Compulsive Disorder,’ with the name MC Nicky J, which later turned out to be called Jay.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Jay Sean in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Jay Sean’s age is 40 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 26 March 1981. Though, he is 5’ 8” in feet and inches and 173 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 170 lbs in Pound and 77kg in Kilograms.
He studied at Latymer Upper School till 1997 and later completed his GCSEs with an A grade in Biology and scoring B in Maths and Chemistry science. Jay then got himself registered in Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry to attain knowledge in medicine but somehow could not complete it for his aspiring music career.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
In 2009 Jay married Thara Prashad, who was also a singer. The couple later got blessed with a lovely daughter in 2013 named Ayva Loveen Kaur Jhooti, and in 2018, they had a son named Aaryan.
Is Jay Sean Gay?
No, Jay Sean is not gay. He is a happily married man blessed with two kids with his wife Thara Prasad. Thus, it is quite evident that his sexual orientation is straight.
In 2006, he started his independent music label named Jayden Records. In 2008, he gave a massive hit song named ‘Ride It, ‘which scored 11th rank in the UK and other eastern regions of Europe. He also gave his most successful album named My Own Way, which also happened to be his second album, only it contained songs like ‘Maybe,’ ‘ Tonight’ scoring 6th rank in UK Albums Chart and hitting high at the UK R&B Chart. From 2009 to 2014, he was assigned to Cash Money Records.
In 2009 Jay started to work with American genres, with the song “Down” hitting the Billboard 100, creating him the foremost lone artist of South Asian origin to top billboard 100. He also gave a massive hit with the song “Do You Remember” in the top 10th on the Hot 100. He has also worked with eminent artists like Jessica Mauboy’s album “What Happened to Us.”
Following are the awards won by Jay Sean in his entire music career:
- 2008: BMI Songwriter Awards
- Channel U Best of British awards- 2008: Best Video for Ride It
- MTV Russia Music Awards- 2008: Best International Artist
- Rogers Filmi South Asian Film Festival- 2009: Music Video Award for Down
- UK Urban Music Awards- 2009: Best Collaboration
- 30 Under 30
- UK Asian Music Awards (AMAs)2005- Best Urban Act (Won)
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Jay Sean in 2021
Jay Sean’s estimated net worth is $12 million as of 2021. All of his assets are from the successful singing career that he pursues. He is a renowned Singer, Songwriter, Beatboxer of the country whose decency is from India. He has also collaborated with a bunch of Indian artists as well.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- He left the study of medicine to continue with his musical career.
- He is engaged in lots of charitable works. In 2012, he was a part of the Child Hunger Ends Here Campaign.
- He also performed in a charity concert organized by Justin Timberlake to raise funds for the children of Shriners Hospitals.
- His last name Sean is derived from “Shaan,” his nickname given by his grandmother, meaning pride in Punjabi.
- He is an ambassador for Five Four Clothing also appeared in commercials for Monster DNA.
- Jay Sean is a fitness freak showing off his six-pack abs on Instagram and revealed that Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky character motivated him for the 6packs abs.
- He also worked with Victor Martinez, one of the professional bodybuilders in the world.
- Jay is also ardent towards basketball sports.
- He featured the Bollywood Actress Bipasha Basu in his second song named “Stolen.”
- Jay’s favorite cartoon character is Homer Simpson.
Jay Sean, without a doubt, is the most successful singer, a music producer who gave massive hits with such a short span of his career starting. Starting with Rishi Rich’s production, he set a bar of Bhangra-R&B fusion, giving him an opportunity to raise the Bhangra-R&B fusion genre to top heights and to propagate it among the western plus South Asian diaspora and has been successfully doing so.
Facts of Kamaljit Singh Jhooti
- Gender Male
- full nameKamaljit Singh Jhooti
- birthplaceHounslow London, United Kingdom
- Date of Birth March 26, 1981
- Age 42 years 8 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- net worth$12 million
- professionSinger, Songwriter, Music Producer, Rapper
- weightIn Kilograms – 77 Kg, In Pounds – 170 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres –173 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5’ 8”
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- high schoolLatymer Upper School