Jaya Bachchan is an Indian actress and politician who is considered as one of India’s finest actresses with performances in films like Guddi (1971), Koshish (1972), Abhimaan (1973), Mili (1975), Sholay (1975), etc. As of June 2020, she is serving her 4th term as a Member of Parliament from the Samajwadi Party in the Rajya Sabha.
Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Father – Taroon Kumar Bhaduri (Author, Poet)
- Mother – Indira Bhaduri
- Siblings – Rita Verma (Sister)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jaya has dated –
- (1973-Present) – Jaya is married to superstar Amitabh Bachchan since June 3, 1973. They have 2 kids – Shweta Bachchan (b. March 17, 1974) and (b. February 5, 1976), who is an actor himself.
Race / Ethnicity
However, her hair has turned gray with her advancing age.
Jaya Bachchan Favorite Things
- Film – Guddi (1971)
Jaya Bachchan Facts
- Her first acting role was in Satyajit Ray’s Bengali film, Mahanagar (1963) as a supporting character at the age of 15.
- She is credited with writing the story of Shahenshah (1988), where Amitabh Bachchan played the iconic role of a crime-fighting vigilante.
- At the music launch of Drona (2008), she unexpectedly announced that she would speak only in Hindi and asked the people of Maharashtra to excuse her for not communicating in Marathi. Her statement was met with threats of boycotting her films until Amitabh apologized on her behalf.
- She starred in ‘s Silsila in 1981 which dealt with the subject of extra-marital affairs and had playing the other woman opposite Amitabh Bachchan. The film’s plot mirrored the real-life love triangle between the lead actors.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / / CC BY 3.0
Facts of Jaya Bachchan
- full nameJaya Bachchan
- Date of Birth April 09, 1948
- Age 73 years 7 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- weight61 kg
- height5 ft 2 in