Jeff Kinney is a renowned author and a cartoonist who is all-around famous among the kids for his children’s book series named Dairy of a Wimpy Kid. He also owns a children’s content website titled Poptropia.com. He is also an actor who played a cameo role in the movie The Diary of a Wimpy Kid, which is written by him only.
Well, how well do you know about Jeff Kinney? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Jeff Kinney’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Jeff Kinney to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Jeff Kinney was born to Bruce Kinney and Madeline Kinney in 1971 at Fort Washington, Maryland, the U.S. He grew up with two brothers and one sister. He was a wonderful writer from the beginning of his High School days. During his college days, he wrote the famous comic story Igdoof which was also featured in the Diamondback school newspaper.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Jeff Kinney in 2021, and what is his height and weight? Well, Jeff Kinney’s age is 50 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 19 February 1971. Though, he is 6′ 1″ in feet and inches and 185 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 213 lbs in Pound and 97 kg in Kilograms.
He did his schooling at Potomac Elementary High School. In 1989 he did his graduation from Bishop McNamara School. Then he went to the University of Maryland, College Park, in 1990.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
In 2003 Jeff Kinney married Julie Kinney and was blessed with two sons named Will and Grant. The couple does often give public appearances together. Jeff Kinney and his wife Julie released a tome store in 2015 in Plainville, Massachusetts, which they called “An Unlikely Story.”
Is Jeff Kinney Gay?
No, Jeff Kinney is not gay. He is married to Julie Kinney and is the father of two sons. They are living quite happily and resembles a small and kind family altogether.
Jeff started his career with The Diary of a Wimpy Kid in 1998, but this book was published in 2007. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, the second series, was published in 2008, and later Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Day was published the following year in 2009. In 2010 two more books were published by him named The Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth, and the last series of the novel was released in 2011 named diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever.
This series came under his famous work being in the first position on important charts and did a business of 24 million copies sold. His series named Diary of a Wimpy Kid was featured as a movie in 2010, Jeff being its executive producer. From 2011 to 2012, two series of the book was released named Dairy of a Wimpy Kid Rodrick rules which was released in 2011.
According to Time Magazine, Jeff became the New York Times Best Selling author, being the top 100 influential people in the world. He was awarded the Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children’s Book award. He is a favorite among the kids for his fantastic story plots. He is also the owner of the website created by him named Poptropia.com.
- Kids Choice Award for Favourite Book
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children’s Book
- 2013 Golden Archer Award
- 2014 Garden State Children’s Book Award (Easy To Read Series)
- 2014 Young Reader’s Choice Award Junior/Grades
- 2008 Buckeye Children’s Book Award
- 2008 Delaware Diamonds Award Middle School
- 2008 Great Stone Face Book Award
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Jeff Kinney in 2021
The estimated net worth of Jeff Kinney is $90 million as of 2021. All his assets are from the renowned writing skills and the author career that he pursues. He has sold more than $150 million in published work. Later his published work was released as a movie earning a profit of $75 million. The books in the series Diary of a Wimpy Kid have sold more than 58 million copies around the world.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Jeff’s brother is a songwriter who wrote a song for his movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
- Jeff’s favorite sandwich happens to be peanut butter and jelly.
- Earlier, he was pursuing Federal Law to be an enforcement officer.
- His favorite song is Brownville Girl by Bob Dylan.
- He is ardent towards the games series named Mario Kart Series.
- He is very bad at playing the piano.
- He started to draw from the age of 3, and his first decent drawing was of a turtle.
- While in University, Jeff Kinney published his cartoon strip Igdoof in the school paper.
Jeff has successfully established his career as being children’s favorite. All his written children series have earned profits all across the world. Jeff also acted in his series cast movies. He was part of the Diary of a wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules; he was also part of the third series and the fourth series, respectively, earning massive respect and love for his wonderful works.
He was so dedicated to his writing career that he left his major in computer science and took criminal justice to spend time with his writings. Jeff Kinney played the father of Heather Hills in the third movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days. Time listed Jeff Kinney as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the world in 2009.
Facts of Jeff Patrick Kinney
- Gender Male
- full nameJeff Patrick Kinney
- birthplaceFort Washington, Maryland, U.S
- Date of Birth February 19, 1971
- Age 51 years 3 months
- Horoscope Pisces
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Aquamarine
- Lucky Color Sea Green
- Best Match for Marriage Cancer, Scorpio
- net worth$90 million
- professionAuthor, Cartoonist, Actor
- weightIn Kilograms – 97 Kg, In Pounds – 213 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 185 cm, In Feet and Inches – 6′ 1″
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorBlue
- high schoolPotomac Elementary High School