Jeremy Wade is a British TV personality, author, and biologist who is best known for hosting and presenting nature and wildlife-based TV shows such as Jungle Hooks (2007), River Monsters (2009-2016), Mighty Rivers (2018), and Dark Waters (2019). A noted author on fishing and angling, he has published the books, Somewhere Down the Crazy (1994), River Monsters: True Stories of the Ones that Didn’t Get Away (2011), and How to Think Like a Fish: And Other Lessons from a Lifetime in Angling (2019). His articles on poaching, fair trade, travel, natural history, and fishing have been featured in major British publications such as The Guardian, The Times, Sunday Telegraph, and BBC Wildlife magazine.
Jeremy John Wade
Ipswich, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom
Bath, Somerset, England, United Kingdom
Jeremy had studied at the Dean Close School, a private institution in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. After his high school graduation, he attained a degree in zoology from Bristol University. He then earned a postgraduate teaching certificate in biological sciences from the University of Kent.
TV Personality, Author, Biologist
- Father – He was a vicar.
- Siblings – Martin Wade (Younger Brother)
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Clean-shaven look
- Receding hairline
- Affable smile
Jeremy Wade Facts
- Before his career in the TV industry began, Jeremy had worked as a secondary school biology teacher in Kent.
- His interest in fishing was piqued during his childhood itself when he used to live on the banks of Suffolk’s River Stour. He used to attempt, often without much success, to catch fish from the age of 7. However, once he was helped out by a school friend, he never looked back.
- His first overseas trip was to India in 1982 and he had taken just £200 for a 3-month visit. During his treks to the Himalayas, he learned how to save money and even captured a fish as massive as the Himalayan Mahseer. Upon returning to England, he documented his Indian experiences for a British fishing magazine and mentioned that the trip had encouraged him to travel around the world.
- It was during another visit to India, this time in 2005, that the idea to develop the concept for the TV series River Monsters first hit him. He had heard stories from the locals in the Himalayan foothills about people going missing in local rivers and the perpetrators were alleged to be giant fish. The TV series based on such investigations eventually started airing in 2009.
- A polyglot, he is fluent in English, Portuguese, French, and Spanish. He had learned Portuguese during the several years that he spent fishing in Brazil.
- He made his acting debut, portraying a lamprey expert, with the 2014 science-fiction horror film Blood Lake: Attack of the Killer Lampreys.
Featured Image by Jeremy Wade / Instagram
Facts of Jeremy Wade
- full nameJeremy Wade
- Date of Birth March 23, 1956
- Age 66 years 3 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- weight74 kg
- height6 ft