Jessalynn Siwa is an American professional dance instructor, choreographer, reality TV personality, and former dance studio owner who is most well known as the mother of teen dancing sensation JoJo Siwa. The mother-daughter duo became famous after participating in the popular dance competition-based reality shows Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition (2013) and Dance Moms (2015-2019). Jessalyn has quite a sizeable following on social media as well with more than 1.5 million followers on her Instagram account.
Iowa, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jessalynn had graduated from the Burke High School in Omaha, Nebraska.
Professional Dance Instructor, TV Personality
- Father – Mark Lombardi (Worker at a Waste Recycling Unit)
- Mother – Kathy Lombardi (Hair Designer) (d. 2016)
- Siblings – Tessa Medinger (Sister)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessalynn has dated –
- Tom Siwa (1998–Present) – Jessalynn got married to a chiropractor Dr. Tom Siwa in 1998. They have 2 children together – a son named Jayden Siwa (Vlogger) (b. May 20, 2000), and a daughter named (Dancer, Singer, Actress, YouTuber) (b. May 19, 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Charming smile
- Shoulder-length hair with curls at the end
- Has a mole on her right wrist
- Slightly stocky frame
- Radiant face
Jessalynn Siwa Favorite Things
- Pet – Dogs
- Comfort Food – Macaroni and Cheese
Source – ,
Jessalynn Siwa Facts
- She has worked for more than 2 decades as a choreographer and dance teacher. She used to own and run the institutions Underground Dance Factory and the Just Dance Co. in Omaha, Nebraska.
- To fulfill her dreams of becoming a dancing star through her daughter, Jessalynn trained her extensively and helped her enter and participate in as many dance reality shows as possible, at a very early age, even though JoJo had to be homeschooled as a consequence.
- While Jessalynn and JoJo were participants on the dance reality competition series Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition (2013), the mother and daughter duo were not really in the good books of many other participants, their mothers, as well as show founder and judge . The duo was quite disliked due to their supposedly ‘loud’ personalities.
- Their rival dancers on the show and their mothers used to call them ‘The Jessalynn and JoJo Circus’ due to their animosity with them. Eventually, Jessalynn and JoJo were eliminated in the 10th episode of the show and fell short of reaching the final 4 positions.
- After their ouster from Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition and before rising to further fame through their participation in the reality show Dance Moms, Jessalynn promoted JoJo’s dancing and acting talents through videos on Twitter and YouTube.
- Her mother, Kathy, made an appearance in the season 5 episode (West Coast Strikes Back) of the show Dance Moms. Jessalynn trained JoJo, especially for this episode, where JoJo performed a solo in Kathy’s honor as Kathy was suffering from colon cancer at that time.
- Jessalynn has often opened up about online hate and trolling, especially after her daughter cried after bullies had hurt her. She stated in an interview that such internet haters should be dealt with by immediately blocking and reporting them, instead of depending on replying to them. She helped JoJo in that manner and even urged other youngsters to do the same.
Featured Image by Jessalynn Siwa / Instagram
Facts of Jessalynn Siwa
- full nameJessalynn Siwa
- Date of Birth December 08, 1974
- Age 46 years 11 months
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Turquoise
- Lucky Color Orange
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius
- weight67 kg
- height5 ft 10 in