JoAnna Garcia is an American actress who is best known for portraying characters such as Sam in the horror anthology TV series Are You Afraid of the Dark? (1994–96), Cheyenne Hart-Montgomery in the popular sitcom Reba (2001–2007), Hope in the sitcom Welcome to the Captain (2008), Megan Smith in the comedy-drama TV series Privileged (2008-2009), Mia Putney in the sitcom Better with You (2010-2011), Betty Grissom in the period drama TV series The Astronaut Wives Club (2015), and Amy in the fantasy comedy-drama TV series Kevin (Probably) Saves the World (2017-2018).
Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
JoAnna had attended the Tampa Catholic High School, a diocesan, Catholic institution in her hometown of Tampa. After her high school graduation, she had briefly attended the Florida State University but had quit her course midway and moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting.
- Father – Jay Garcia (Gynecologist)
- Mother – Loraine Garcia (Former Elementary School Teacher)
- Siblings – Michael Garcia (Brother)
- Others – Mark Swisher (Brother-in-Law), Steve Swisher (Father-in-Law) (Former Professional Baseball Player), Lillian Marie Malizia (Mother-in-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
JoAnna has dated –
- Trace Ayala (2006–2009) – JoAnna began dating fashion designer and entrepreneur Trace Ayala in July 2006 and the couple got engaged in June 2008. They parted ways a few months later, however, in February 2009.
- (2009) – She had a short fling with actor and model Robert Buckley while they were shooting for the TV series Privileged, in early 2009. They, however, broke up within a month of their hookup.
- Nick Swisher (2009-Present) – JoAnna started dating professional baseball player Nick Swisher in August and the couple got engaged in May 2010. They were married on December 11, 2010, in a ceremony at the Breakers Hotel & Resort in Palm Beach, Florida. Her co-stars and friends from the sitcom Reba, , , and , were bridesmaids at the wedding while another actor from the show, Christopher Rich, had officiated at the ceremony. JoAnna and Nick have 2 daughters together named Sailor Stevie Swisher (b. May 21, 2013) and Emerson Jay Swisher (b. June 28, 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Spanish descent on her mother’s side and Cuban descent on her father’s side.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
She had been featured in a TV commercial for K-Mart (2004).
JoAnna Garcia Facts
- She had shown an inclination towards acting from a very young age and had started performing on stage for the first time when she was 10 years old. She had auditioned for a local theater production and had been selected for the lead role.
- Taking time out of her acting schedule, she often volunteers to teach children who are learning English as their 2nd language.
- JoAnna is involved in other charitable and philanthropic efforts as well. She is heavily involved with Make the Commitment, an organization that raises awareness about cervical cancer.
- She also works with We Reach, a charity that organizes fundraisers for young girls across the US.
Featured Image by JoAnna Garcia / Instagram
Facts of JoAnna Garcia
- full nameJoAnna Garcia
- Date of Birth August 10, 1979
- Age 42 years 3 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- weight55 kg
- height5 ft 5 in