Joe Root is an English cricketer who as of 2019, was the captain of the England Test team. His performance is matched with distinguished cricketers like , Steve Smith, , and . With time, Joe has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 1 million followers on Twitter, more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 900k followers on Instagram.
Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Joe is represented by the Phoenix Management Group.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Root has dated –
- Carrie Cotterell (2016-Present) – They got married on December 1, 2018, and have a son named, Alfred William (b. January 7, 2017).
- Attractive eyes
- Tall lean physique
- He has a beauty spot on the left side of the neck.
Root has either endorsed or promoted various brands including New Balance, Village Hotels, and Sky Sports.
Joe Root Facts
- He was brought up in Dore, a large village that is situated in Sheffield.
- Root joined the “Sheffield Collegiate Cricket Club” where his father also went in the past.
- When he’s not playing with the national team, Root plays for his hometown’s “Yorkshire County Cricket Club.”
- In the past, Joe and former captain of the England cricket team Michael Vaughan shared the same kind of playing form.
- Despite being an opening batsman, Root mostly plays in the middle-order.
- In the past, due to a series of unfortunate run-outs, his teammates affectionately nicknamed him “Geoffrey” after former Test cricketer Geoffrey Boycott who was also a native of Yorkshire.
- In 2014, former New Zealand cricketer Martin Crowe named him along with cricketer , , and Virat Kohli as the “Fab Four of Test cricket.”
- Root assumed the position of the captaincy of the full-time Test format team after former captain Alastair Cook had resigned on February 13, 2017. He is the 80th captain to lead the England team.
- In August 2018, the England and Wales Cricket Board titled him as the best ever “Test XI” on the day of their celebration of England’s 1000th Test.
- According to the ICC Players Ranking charts, as of late 2019, Joe was at #7 place on their “ICC Top 10 Test Batsmen” list and at #8 position on their “ICC Top 10 ODI Batsmen” chart.
- Joe considers former cricketer Michael Vaughan to be his source of inspiration.
- Besides his own game, he is also a big supporter of the soccer club Sheffield United.
- According to sources, Joe was attacked by Australian cricketer in June 2013 at a Walkabout bar in the center of Birmingham.
Featured Image By Joe Root / Instagram
Facts of Joseph Edward Root
- Gender Male
- full nameJoseph Edward Root
- middle nameEdward
- nicknamesGeoffrey, Joe
- birthplaceSheffield, South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
- Date of Birth December 30, 1990
- Age 32 years 8 months
- Horoscope Capricorn
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Topaz
- Lucky Color Brown
- Best Match for Marriage Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus
- net worth$3 Million
- weight73 kg or 161 lbs
- height6 ft or 183 cm
- hair colorLight Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildAthletic
- collegeBritish co-ed school Worksop College
- motherHelen Root
- fatherMatt Root
- brothersWilliam Thomas Root