Jonathan Phillip Wilkins is an American singer, songwriter, producer, film director, actor, audio engineer, composer, writer, and multi-instrumentalist. He is best known as a member of the band The Postmarks starting in 2006. Jonathan has also collaborated with bands such as The Brite Side, Summer Blanket, The Neverendings, and The Freakin’ Hott.
Jonathan Phillip Wilkins
Miami, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Audio Engineer, Screenwriter, Producer, Composer, Film Director, Multi-Instrumentalist
Pop, Indie-Pop, Chamber Pop, Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Film Music, Dub Reggae
Vocals, Drums, Keyboards, Bass, Guitar, Vibraphone
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
105 kg or 231.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall height
- Downturned eyes
- Wide nose
Jonathan Phillip Wilkins Favorite Things
- Music Writers/Journalists – Robert Christgau, Brandon Stosuy, Marc Hogan
- Composers/Musicians – Jason Falkner, Jerry Goldsmith, John Barry, Lalo Schifrin, John Cacavas, Ornette Coleman, Jackie Mittoo, Scientist, Gil Evans, Bernard Herrmann, Johnny Hartman, Donny Hathaway, Spookey Ruben, Krzysztof Komeda, John Williams, Steely Dan
- Bands/Groups – AIR, Komeda, Broadcast, Shudder To Think, De La Soul, My Bloody Valentine, The Verve, Neu!, The Police
- Music By Labels – Kindercore, Island, K, Elephant 6, Warp, Creation, 4AD Dischord, Darla, Motown, Minty Fresh
Source – ,
Jonathan Phillip Wilkins Facts
- Jonathan bought his 1st camera, a Super 8mm, at the age of 12.
- Between 1993 and 2005, he worked for magazines such as Weekly World News, Globe, and The Sun. He took on the roles of a production manager, writer, and art director, among others.
- Jonathan primarily worked in graphic design because his magazine editor was open to employees trying out new things.
- His main goal was always to be a journalist. Jonathan cited the reason as “music writers never seemed to do the research right”. He has seen his name spelled ‘Jonte Watkins’ by journalists.
- Jonathan moved to San Francisco, California, United States in 1997. He took a job at the Pacifica Tribune magazine. He also worked for a trade magazine titled M Business.
- Jonathan was briefly a member of an indie rock band, Peachum.
- He moved to Florida in the mid-2000s and took a job at a local free magazine as a freelance music reviewer.
- Jonathan has collaborated with artists such as Robert Fripp, Theo Travis, Helen Horal, Hannah Darling (Riviéra), Andy Chase, and John Ralston.
- He had a recording project titled Mathis International with a fellow singer and songwriter, Jessica Glisson.
- His bandmates in The Postmarks were Christopher Moll, Tim Yehezkely, Jeff Wagner, and Brian Hill. Jon was always positively surprised that no one referred to Tim, a female, as a male in the media, and that they always spelled her name right.
- He met Christopher Moll when he replaced a drummer in a band called See Venus.
- As part of an indie-pop band The Postmarks, he released studio albums, The Postmarks (2007) and Memoirs at the End of the World (2009). He also released an EP, Remix EP (2006), and covers album By The Numbers (2008). The band went on an indefinite hiatus in 2010.
- He has recorded personal music projects under the names Our Man In Pompano, The Magic Bricks, Electralab, Venice Super, I Am Stereo, The King Makers, LucrativeAngst, and Grand Theft Otto.
- As of May 2020, his ultimate goal in life is to be a filmmaker like John Carpenter and . They are known for writing screenplays, directing, and composing the music for their projects.
- Some of Jonathan’s favorite plots as a screenwriter include murders, secret pasts, odd characters, and small towns.
- He co-wrote a script with some friends and titled it Drifter Smile. It was turned into a graphic novel with the help of an artist named Rob Croonenborghs.
Facts of Jonathan Phillip Wilkins
- full nameJonathan Phillip Wilkins
- Date of Birth December 06, 1971
- Age 50 years 1 months
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Turquoise
- Lucky Color Orange
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius
- weight105 kg
- height6 ft 1 in