Josh Otis Turner is an American gospel singer and a philanthropist who has reached some great heights in his career. He is famous for his deep, resonant, and bass voice. His songs are influenced by old American country-folk music. He has been working for more than two decades in the music industry, and some of his songs were the biggest hits in the country.
Well, how well do you know about Josh Turner? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Josh Turner’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Josh Turner to date.
Biography and Early Life
Josh Turner was born on 20th November 1977 in Hannah, South Carolina. As a child, he would always visit the church and enjoyed singing in the choirs. He founded a gospel quartet known as Thankful Hearts, in which he sang bass.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Josh Turner in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Josh Turner’s age is 43 years old as of today’s date 1st August 2021 having been born on 20 November 1977. Though, he is 6′ 1″ in feet and inches and 185 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 176.6 lbs in Pound and 80kg in Kilograms.
Josh Turner attended the Hannah-Pamplico High School in South Carolina. Then he moved to Nashville, Tennessee, to pursue his career in music and study at the prestigious Belmont University. He was always an obedient and smart child, and never got involved in any type of controversy. We can simply say that, he was a good kid.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Josh Turner is a devotee of Jesus Christ, and many of his songs are based on Christian religious believes. He has two siblings, a brother, and a sister. He is married to Jennifer Ford, whom he met at the Belmont University, and together they have four sons, and are currently living a happy life together.
Is Josh Turner Gay?
Josh Turner is not gay because he is married to a woman and has four kids. This clearly proves that Josh Turner’s sexual orientation is straight and is not gay.
Josh Turner began his music career when he debuted with his first-ever written song called “Long Black Train” on the Grand Ole Opry on 21st December 2001. He received a standing ovation from the audience for his singing. In 2003, he released his first album, and some of the songs were ranked in the top 50 of the Billboard country charts.
In 2006, he released his second album, and his second single from this album topped the country singles charts for two consecutive weeks. In 2008, he debuted as an actor when he played a Canadian singer’s role in the movie called Billy: The Early Years. Around five singles of Josh Turner have been ranked as the number one single in the country music charts. In 2018 he released his first gospel album titled “I Serve a Savior” and was highly appreciated by the audience.
For his first and second albums, he has won six Inspirational Country Music Awards. His single “Your Man” was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. In the year 2007, he was also nominated in the Grammy Awards for his second album. He became the second-youngest member of the Grand Ole Opry.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Josh Turner in 2021
Josh Turner estimated net worth is around $20 Million as estimated in 2021. He has sold about 12.5 million album copies. Most of his income comes from being an American country singer and conducting various worldwide music concerts along with his own musical band.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Josh Turner is a philanthropist who has helped several people who could not sing because of some medical problems like him.
- Josh Turner always believe that his god never wanted him to become a gospel singer and instead become a Christian singer.
- During his childhood, Josh Turner had developed a lesion on his vocal chord, for which the doctor advised him not to sing anymore. But he did not give up; after resting his voice for one year, he began to learn classical vocal techniques and again started singing.
- His band called Thankful Hearts helped him travel to every part of South Carolina, and he could reach a larger audience.
Josh Turner is not considered a top singer, but his singles have more popularity than famous singers. Through some of his songs, he has given his audience a clear message that no matter what, always believe in your God. From singing as a bass in the church to singing his first written song at an opera to releasing his first album, which won him several awards, Josh Turner has worked immensely hard and has achieved considerable success.
- Mott Ryan April 14, 2021 at 10:19 pm
- Vanassia Fields May 11, 2021 at 3:03 am
- Marlene Avino May 11, 2021 at 3:43 pm
- Evelyn Henderson May 28, 2021 at 1:30 am
- Mary Steckler June 27, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Facts of Josh Otis Turner
- Gender Male
- full nameJosh Otis Turner
- birthplaceHannah, South Carolina, USA
- Date of Birth November 20, 1977
- Age 45 years 6 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- net worth$20 Million
- professionGospel Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Philanthropist
- weightIn Kilograms – 80 Kg, In Pounds – 176.6 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 185 cm, In Feet and Inches – 6′ 1″
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorBlue
- high schoolHannah-Pamplico High School