Julia Jacklin is an Australian singer and songwriter whose debut studio album titled Don’t Let The Kids Win (2016) won the ‘Best Independent Blues and Roots Album’ at the 2017 Australian Independent Record Labels Association Awards. Her 2nd studio album titled Crushing (2019) was also positively received by the critics and was a hit with the fans, peaking at number 8 on the Australian charts. In 2014, she had formed an indie garage music group named Phantastic Ferniture. The band released its maiden single titled F*ckin ‘n’ Rollin in May 2018 and launched its debut self-titled album in July 2018.
She splits her time between Glebe, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia and Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
She is represented by –
- Alastair Burns, Heartstop Music, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Grace Jones, PR Agent (North America), Grandstand Media, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Myles Williams, PR Agent (Australia/New Zealand), Mushroom Group, Albert Park, Victoria, Australia
- Natalie Quesnel, PR Agent (UK/Europe), Real Life PR, London, England, United Kingdom
- Dave Kaplan, Booking Agent (North America), Paradigm Talent Agency, New York City, New York, United States
- Rebecca Young, Booking Agent (Australia/New Zealand), Collective Artists, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Alex Bruford, Booking Agent (UK/Europe/Asia/South America), ATC Live, London, England, United Kingdom
- Mushroom Music Publishing, Publishing Agency (Australia/NewZealand), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Kobalt Music Group, Publishing Agency (Rest of the World), New York City, New York, United States
Indie Pop, Indie Folk, Alternative Country, Rock, Grunge
- Transgressive Records
- Liberation Music
- Polyvinyl Record Co.
- Universal Music Canada
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Julia Jacklin Favorite Things
- Singers/Role Models – , Björk, Billy Bragg, , Leonard Cohen
- Music Group – The Andrews Sisters
Julia Jacklin Facts
- She began undertaking classical singing lessons from the age of 10 after getting inspired by watching the pop star . During her high school years, she had joined a band that used to perform and covers.
- After completing her graduation from Sydney University, she used to work in a factory that made essential oils and reside in a garage in Glebe, a suburb of Sydney.
- In 2016, she released her first few singles and 2 among them titled Coming of Age and Pool Party earned her critical acclaim after they received significant airtime on local radio stations.
- In an interview, Julia revealed that the music videos of her songs are inspired by the Swedish photographer Lars Tunbjörk who is known for capturing the mundane moments of modern life. She is also known for co-directing all of her music videos.
- Her 2nd album titled Crushing (2019) was nominated for 6 awards at the 2019 ARIA Music Awards – ‘Best Female Artist’, ‘Best Adult Contemporary Album’, ‘Best Independent Release’, ‘Producer of the Year’, ‘Engineer of the Year’ and ‘Best Cover Art’.
Featured Image by Julia Jacklin / Instagram
Facts of Julia Jacklin
- Gender Female
- full nameJulia Jacklin
- birthplaceSydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Date of Birth August 30, 1990
- Age 33 years 1 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- net worth$1 Million - $5 Million
- professionSinger, Songwriter
- weight59 kg or 130 lbs
- height5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
- hair colorBlonde
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeSydney University
- brothersEamonn Briggs