k-os is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who has established himself in the music industry with the release of his work which includes albums, tracks, and mixtapes such as Joyful Rebellion, Atlantis: Hymns for Disco, Black on Blonde, Man I Used to Be, Sunday Morning, and The Dog Is Mine.
Alternative Hip Hop
Vocals, Keyboard, Acoustic Guitar, Sampler, Turntable
Universal Music Canada, Astralwerks/Caroline/Virgin/EMI Records, Dine Alone Records
Sports a stubble
He grew up under the care of Jehovah’s Witness parents.
- k-os stands for “Knowledge of Self” and the intended lower case “k” has been used to appear less aggressive. Also, he said in an interview that the acronym stands for “Kevin’s Original Sound”.
- He released his debut album, Exit, on March 26, 2002, and it included tracks like Heaven Only Knows and Masquerade.
- His 3rd studio album, Atlantis: Hymns for Disco, was released in Canada on October 10, 2006, and was ranked at number #5 in both the Canadian Albums Chart and the U.S. Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. Also, it became a certified ‘Platinum’ in Canada.
- While growing up, k-os used to follow several artists and groups like New Order, Depeche Mode, Rx Bandits, , Boogie Down Productions, , A Tribe Called Quest, and The Beatles.
- He is a vegetarian.
- k-os has also supported the animal rights organization, PETA.
Featured Image by Nettwerk Artist Management / Nettwerk Artist Management – Monika Selnar / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Kevin Brereton
- Gender Male
- full nameKevin Brereton
- birthplaceSt. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Date of Birth February 20, 1972
- Age 49 years 11 months
- Horoscope Pisces
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Aquamarine
- Lucky Color Sea Green
- Best Match for Marriage Cancer, Scorpio
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundTrinidadian
- professionRapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- weight74 kg or 163 lbs
- height5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- collegeCarleton University
- brothersJoshua , Andrew Richard