Karl-Anthony Towns is a Dominican-American professional basketball player who plays as the center or the big man for the Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Karl-Anthony Towns is represented by his team Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Karl-Anthony Towns Facts
- Back in high school, he repeated 7th grade to gain an extra year of development.
- His father played basketball for Monmouth University and coached at Piscataway Technical High School where he also trained with the junior varsity team as a fifth-grader.
- In his freshman year, he led his team to a state championship and earned himself the top position in the ESPN 25 national ranking of high school players. He also led his team to state titles in 2013 and 2014.
- At the age of 16, he was selected to play in the Dominican Republic national team.
- He finished high school with a 3.96 GPA on a 4.5 scale.
- Being ranked by ESPN as the top prospect in the 2015 recruiting class, he had been listed as third-ranked in the 2014 class.
- He was named the 2014 “Gatorade Player of the Year”.
- On January 6, 2013, he recorded a quadruple-double with 16 points, 17 rebounds, 11 blocks, and 11 assists. On January 5, 2014, he recorded his 2nd quadruple-double with 20 points, 14 rebounds, 12 blocks, and 10 assists. He averaged 20.9 points, 13.4 rebounds, and 6.2 blocks per game as a senior.
- He studied kinesiology at Kentucky with hopes of becoming a doctor someday after his basketball career. Though he left Kentucky for NBA, he had enrolled in online courses while in high hopes to earn his degree.
- He was named a second-team All-American by the Associated Press and NABC, and, a third-team All-American by Sporting News. Throughout the 2014-15 season, he was often placed behind Duke center player Jahlil Okafor as a draft candidate.
- Along with his fellow Kentucky teammates Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, Dakari Johnson, , Trey Lyles, and Willie Cauley-Stein, he had been declared for the 2015 NBA draft on April 9, 2015.
- On June 25, 2015, he was picked by the Minnesota Timberwolves as the first overall pick and signed his rookie contract with the team on July 7, 2015, leading him to his NBA debut in the Timberwolves’ season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers on October 28, 2015. At the time, he recorded 14 points and 12 rebounds as a starter in a 112-111 win.
- He was the 2nd player in history to earn NBA “Rookie of the Month” awards in 4 consecutive months.
- At the age of 21, he became the third-youngest player in the last 3 decades to have at least 45 points and 15 rebounds recorded in a game.
- During the 2016-17 season, Towns made history in the NBA for becoming the only player to have at least 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, and 100 three-pointers in a season.
Featured Image by Dennis Adair / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Karl-Anthony Towns Jr.
- Gender Male
- full nameKarl-Anthony Towns Jr.
- birthplaceEdison, New Jersey, United States
- Date of Birth November 15, 1995
- Age 26 years 0 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAfrican-American and Dominican
- net worth$9 million
- professionProfessional Basketball Player
- weight112 kg or 247 lbs
- height6 ft 11 in or 211 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAthletic
- high schoolSt. Joseph High School
- motherJacqueline Cruz
- fatherKarl Towns Sr.