Katherine Maria Jenkins is a singer-songwriter from Wales. Her singing voice is considered as a mezzo-soprano. Jenkins has also worked as a voice coach on a freelance basis, a tour guide on the London Eye and as a model. She has to her credit the title of Face of Wales 2000. After that, she decided to pursue a career in music.
Classical-crossover, Pop, Operatic pop
Universal, Warner, Decca Records
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katherine Jenkins has dated –
- Steve Hart (2001-2006) – The two musicians Steve Hart and Katherine had a good time together for a couple of years from 2001 to 2006.
- Gethin Jones (2010-2011) – Katherine started dating TV presenter Gethin Jones in July 2010. They got engaged in a small family ceremony in February 2011 but called off the marriage by the end of 2011.
- Adam Bidwell (2013) – Stockbroker Adam Bidwell’s relationship with Katherine lasted only for about 6 months in 2013. The relationship started showing negative signs when Adam commenced spending more time in the gym for a boxing match.
- Andrew Levitas (October 2013-Present) – American filmmaker, writer, actor, painter, and sculptor, Andrew Levitas started dating Katherine in October 2013. They got engaged in April 2014. In September 2014, they got married at Hampton Court Palace. She has a daughter and a son with Levitas named Aaliyah Reign (b. September 2015) and Xander Robert Selwyn (b. April 2018) respectively.
In 2016, she appeared in a TV commercial about Citizen watches.
Katherine Jenkins Favorite Things
- A Place To Sing In Wales – Three Cliffs Bay (in Gower)
- Album – Home Sweet Home
- Color – Aqua blue or neon pink
- Book – Night Film
Katherine Jenkins Facts
- She is a perfectionist.
- She is a good friend of ballet dancer Darcey Bussell and late Polly Noble.
- Katherine Jenkins has learned advanced level Welsh.
- Her father, Selwyn John passed away at the age of 70 due to lung cancer when she was 15. She dedicates each award won by her to Selwyn.
- In October 2008, Katherine signed a contract with Warner Music for $10 million. It was considered to be the biggest classical recording deal at that time.
- In 2010, Jenkins, along with and , was ranked jointly at the 11th spot with an estimated net worth of £11 million on Sunday Times Rich List which is a list of top 20 young millionaires.
- In 2014, she was announced as the Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in Queen’s New Year Honors for her combined services to music and charities.
- In November 2008, she revealed that she had taken cocaine and ecstasy (class A drugs) and cannabis when she was studying. Further, she also revealed that after signing her record deal in 2003, she stopped consuming the drugs. Taking drugs was the biggest regret of her life.
- Katherine had visited Iraq in 2005 and 2006 to entertain the soldiers for Christmas. On her first visit in 2005, her helicopter was the target of missiles but the pilot managed to land safely.
- She feels that dancing makes her happy and forget everything else.
- In October 2005, after Jenkins’s third album was released, she became the first singer to have all the 3 albums listed on the first 3 positions in the classical crossover music charts.
Featured Image by BoodlesUK / / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Katherine Maria Jenkins
- Gender Female
- full nameKatherine Maria Jenkins
- middle nameMaria
- birthplaceNeath, Glamorgan, Wales, UK
- Date of Birth June 29, 1980
- Age 41 years 6 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- net worth$21 million
- professionSinger, Songwriter
- weight56 kg or 123.5 lbs
- height5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeGorseinon College
- motherSusan Jenkins
- fatherSelwyn John Jenkins
- sistersLaura Jenkins
- favorite colorsAqua blue or neon pink
- favorite booksNight Film