Katie Ledecky is an American swimmer known for her successful swimming career. She has received various awards during her career like the FINA Swimmer of the Year Award in 2013, Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year Award in 2017, and USA Swimming Athlete of the Year Award (2013-2016). She has a huge social media fan base with more than 400k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Twitter, and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Katie completed her schooling at Little Flower School and then went on to pursue her graduation in 2015 from Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart. She later got accepted into the Stanford University.
- Father – David Ledecky
- Mother – Mary Gen (Hagan)
- Siblings – Michael (Older Brother)
- Others – Jaromír Ledecký (Paternal Grandfather), Berta Ruth Greenwald (Paternal Grandmother), Edward Jordan Hagan (Maternal Grandfather), Kathleen Frances O’Connor (Maternal Grandmother), Jon Ledecky (Paternal Uncle) (Owner of New York Islanders)
- Her smile
- Short hair
She appeared in a TV commercial for Pool Safely in 2016.
Best Known For
Being an internationally-ranked competitive female swimmer who has won a number of Olympic gold medals and world championships.
First TV Show
Katie made her television show debut as herself on Fox News Sunday in 2014.
Katie begins her day early and starts her work out by 5 a.m. She initially trained with Yuri Suguiyama and was later mentored by Bruce Gemmell. She usually does 5 different styles of swim sets and is very focused. Katie trains at Bethesda Health Club and Georgetown Prep.
Katie follows a and -filled diet and consumes about 3500 calories in a day.
Below is what her diet usually consists of –
- Breakfast – Two pieces of toast with peanut butter and an Apple or a Banana
- Snack – Omelet with Bacon, Egg, Cheese, Potatoes, and Tomato, Bagel with Cream cheese and Egg or Yogurt and fruit along with Milk
- Brunch – Yogurt, Honey, and Granola with mixed berries, Apple or Pear
- Lunch – Pasta with Chicken or a Caesar salad with a double serving of Chicken and an
- Snacks – Fruit or toast and Peanut Butter
- Dinner – Chicken or steak, and either Pasta or Rice or Arugula with White beans, Tomato and Garlic
Katie Ledecky Favorite Things
- Dessert – Pumpkin Apple Bread
Katie Ledecky Facts
- She is a philanthropist and works with charities like Catholic Charities, Shepherd’s Table, Bikes for the World, and Wounded Warriors.
- Her mother was also a swimmer and swam for the University of New Mexico.
- She admits to having a very messy room.
- She enjoys traveling.
- Katie learned to play the piano when she was a child.
- She enjoys playing scrabble and chess with her older brother.
- When she was in the 4th grade, she broke her arm during a basketball game.
- She finds her brother to be her biggest influencer in swimming.
- Follow Katie on , , and .
Featured Image by Fernando Frazão / / CC BY-3.0 BR
Facts of Kathleen Genevieve Ledecky
- Gender Female
- full nameKathleen Genevieve Ledecky
- middle nameGenevieve
- birthplaceWashington, D.C., United States
- Date of Birth March 17, 1997
- Age 24 years 6 months
- Horoscope Pisces
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Aquamarine
- Lucky Color Sea Green
- Best Match for Marriage Cancer, Scorpio
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundWhite
- professionCompetitive Swimmer
- weight70 kg or 154 lbs
- height6 ft or 183 cm
- hair colorBlonde
- eye colorGreen
- body type / buildSlim
- motherMary Gen
- fatherDavid Ledecky