Katie Lee is an American chef, cookbook author, and novelist best known for being the co-host of Food Network’s daytime talk show, The Kitchen.
Kathleen Rebekah Lee
Katie, Kate, Kathy
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
- West Village, New York City, United States
- The Hamptons, East End of Long Island, United States
Katie studied at Milton Elementary School and Milton Middle School. She graduated from Cabell Midland High School.
She belongs to the class of 2003 of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio where she majored in Journalism and Food Science. Lee also spent a semester abroad studying at The British Institute in Florence, Italy. During her undergraduate study, she was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta (KAO) sorority.
Chef, Food Critic/Food & Lifestyle Expert, Cookbook Author, Novelist, Columnist, TV Presenter
- Father – Stephen Lee aka Steve (Financial Advisor at Wells Fargo in Kenwood, Cincinnati)
- Mother – Kim Becker aka Kimmie (School Teacher)
She is represented by –
- Matthew Horowitz, Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Leslie Sloane and Jami Kandel, Vision PR (Publicist)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie has dated –
- (2003–2009) – Katie met veteran musician Billy Joel at the rooftop bar of The Peninsula hotel in New York City at the age of 22. Joel is 32 years older than Lee but nevertheless the couple dated for a year and got married in October 2004 at Billy’s residence in Long Island. Katie was Billy’s 3rd wife while his daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, from his 2nd marriage, was the maid of honor at the ceremony. Katie separated from Billy in June 2009.
- Ryan Biegel (2016–Present) – Ryan is an actor turned TV Producer who met Katie while working with her on Cooking Channel’s Beach Bites with Katie Lee (2015–2016). After dating for 2 years the couple got married in September 2018. Ryan announced that they were expecting their first child in February 2020. Shortly after, Katie revealed in April 2020 that she was due to give birth to a baby girl in September.
Race / Ethnicity
She claimed to have an Appalachian heritage in an interview that is associated with German, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, French, and English ancestry.
- Slender face and build
- Thick eyebrows
She has served as an ambassador for Nulo Pet Food and Revlon Total Color range (2020).
Katie Lee Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Graeter’s ice cream from Cincinnati, Ohio (Mint Chocolate Chip flavor), popcorn with butter and a lot of salt, French Fries with Ketchup
- NYC Restaurant – Emilio’s Ballato at 55 E Houston St, Bobby Flay’s Gato
- Culinary Inspiration – Her Grandmother, Dora Harshbarger
- Food Application – Vivino
- DIY Skin Product – Homemade scrub with leftover coffee grounds, coconut oil, and sugar for butt and thighs
- Kitchen Gadgets – Trudeau Toss and Chop salad scissors, Paderno Spiralizer, Mini Cuisinart Food processor
- Cities For Their Food Culture – New York, Paris, Mexico City, Florence
- Cocktail – Frozen Dark Chocolate Mocha Margarita (Tequila base), The Belle du Jour at the Waverly Inn
- Quote – “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet” –
- Healthy Snack – Almonds, Fruit
- Cookbook – Barefoot Contessa’s books
- Food Discovery – Dufour frozen puff pastry dough
- Extravagance – Champagne
- A Place To Visit – Kruger National Park, in South Africa
- Billy Joel Song – All My Life
- Mascara – Maybelline Define-a-Lash
- Shampoo – Kérastase
- Moisturizer – Neutrogena Healthy Defense S.P.F. 30.
- Hair Product – L’Oréal Elnett Hairspray
- Toothpaste – Crest
- Soap – Dove
- Nail-Polish Color – Vamp
- Hairstylist – Marc Mena at Warren-Tricomi
- Eyebrow Stylist – Julie Tussey at Warren-Tricomi
- Sheets – Leontine linens
- Coffee-Maker – Capresso
- Flower – Hydrangeas
- Dessert – Banana split made with Graeter’s ice cream
- Snack – Guacamole and tortilla chips
- Ingredient – Butter
- Clothing Item – Jeans (J Brand), Sweatpants
- Underwear – Gap Body
- Sneakers – for Adidas
- Watch – Men’s rose-gold Rolex
- Day Bag – ’s Devon bag
- Evening Bag – Lanvin clutch
- Accessory – Me & Ro gold hoop earrings
- Designer – Yigal Azrouel
Source – RestaurantGirl.com, MollySims.com, , ,
Katie Lee Facts
- Her first job was working at an Italian ice-stand at the age of 15.
- She owns a rescue Chihuahua-Pomeranian mix pet dog named Gus. Earlier, she owned a pug named Fionula and had its name tattooed on her left foot.
- Katie comes from a family of avid cooks. She started cooking at the age of 3 by baking biscuits with the help of her grandmother.
- Her mother videotaped her first cooking demonstration when she was 12 years old.
- After graduation, Katie moved to the Hamptons to work as a fishmonger at Jeff & Eddy’s Restaurant and bagged a weekly column with the Hamptons magazine at the same time.
- She is an ambassador for 96 Elephants and the Wildlife Conservation Society.
Featured Image by Katie Lee / Instagram
Facts of Katie Lee
- full nameKatie Lee
- Date of Birth September 14, 1981
- Age 40 years 2 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- weight55 kg
- height5 ft 7 in