Kayla McBride is an American professional basketball player who has represented San Antonio Stars (renamed as Las Vegas Aces in 2018) in the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). In her debut season, in 2014, she had led the Stars in terms of scoring which was 3rd-best among all rookies in that season, and consequently, she was named unanimously in the year’s WNBA ‘All-Rookie Team’. She has been selected in the WNBA ‘All-Star Team’ in 2015, 2018, and 2019. During the WNBA off-season, she has represented clubs around the world such as Uniqa Sopron (2014–2015) in Hungary, Nadezhda Orenburg (2015–2016) in Russia, Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi (2016–2017) in Turkey, and UMMC Ekaterinburg (2018–2019) in Russia. In 2017, she had won the Turkish Cup with Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi. At the international level, she was an integral member of the United States squad that won the 2010 FIBA (Fédération Internationale de Basketball) Americas Under-18 Championship For Women with a 5-0 record. The triumph had helped the United States qualify directly for the 2011 FIBA Under-19 Women’s World Championship.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
21 – Las Vegas Aces
- Toned physique
- Long, straight hair
- Has moles on her neck and chin
- Charming smile
- Has a spotted patch on her right arm
Kayla has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant Nike.
Kayla McBride Facts
- During her high school career, Kayla had helped the Villa Maria Academy to Pennsylvania Class AA state titles in 2009 and 2010. She was named the ‘Pennsylvania Class AA Player of the Year’ in both those years. In her freshman year, in the 2006-07 season, she was named as ‘Western Pennsylvania’s Freshman of the Year’.
- While playing for the University of Notre Dame, she led the university’s team, the Fighting Irish, to the ‘final four’ stage of the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Championship in all 4 years (2011-2014) which included 3 appearances in the championship match (2011, 2012, 2014).
- Owing to her collegiate performances, she was picked 3rd overall in the first round of the 2014 WNBA draft by the San Antonio Stars.
- With Turkish club Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi, she won the 2016–17 EuroCup Women’s Championship, the second-caliber professional basketball league in Europe. This was the club’s 1st such title.
Featured Image by Kayla McBride / Instagram
Facts of Kayla McBride
- Gender Male
- full nameKayla McBride
- nicknamesMcBuckets, Kay-Mac
- birthplaceErie, Erie County, Pennsylvania, United States
- Date of Birth June 25, 1992
- Age 29 years 5 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- religionRoman Catholicism
- net worth$1 million
- professionProfessional Basketball Player
- weight79 kg or 174 lbs
- height5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorHazel
- body type / buildAthletic
- collegeUniversity of Notre Dame
- motherLuAnn McBride
- fatherLamont McBride
- brothersAaron McBride
- sistersKarlee McBride, Jayden McBride