If you like comedy movies and follow Star Wars, then you would’ve heard of the very talented and passionate actor Kenneth Leung. There are not too many Asian actors in the Hollywood scene who can boast of having made it this big. Some of the most iconic Asian actors is Jackie Chan and Kenneth Leung, though not as popular is close enough.
Some of his biggest hit movies include Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Rush Hour, etc. He has even starred in X – Men as Quill. Leung was even starred in the television series Inhumans. All in all, Leung has done a variety of films, from comedies to science fiction to even superhero films. Leung continues to cement his position in the industry.
Well, how well do you know about Ken Leung? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Ken Leung’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Ken Leung to date.
Biography and Early Life
Kenneth Leung came into this world on the 21st of January 1970, born to Wang-Gang Leung and Kim- Chong Lui, chine parents in the Two Bridges section in Manhattan. Soon his family had to move, where he did his high schooling in Brooklyn. When in University, Leung was recommended to take up acting.
Leung found this fascinating as from a very young age, Leung has always been into theatrics. He would perform short skits for his grandmother from time to time and practice reading the news to his father. This helped Leung develop skills early on in his life.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Ken Leung in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Ken Leung’s age is 51 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 21 January 1970. Though, he is 5′ 7″ in feet and inches and 170 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 143 lbs in Pound and 65 kg in Kilograms.
Once Leung’s family moved to Brooklyn, he joined the Pierre English Boarding school, however he soon had to be transferred to Old Bridge High School, which was in New Jersey. Ones he was done with high school, Leung decided to pursue his passion in acting by taking of acting as a major in New York University. His class consisted of many talented big-name actors like Cathy Russell and Nan Smithner.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Kenneth Leung leads a very private personal life. He has avoided talking about his personal life in various interviews. He has always been reluctant to share his love life with the public. It is however known that he is indeed married. His wife’s name or whether he has children on not is not known. Though he has made it quite significant in the industry he has somehow managed to remain elusive with his personal data.
Is Kenneth Leung Gay?
Remaining highly private has made it quite challenging to know whether Kenneth is gay or not. But since it is known that he is married, most fans assume that he is most probably married to a woman. It is hence commonly thought that Kenneth is indeed straight.
Kenneth Leung started his career with performing in theatres and musical plays. For quite a while, he worked this way until in 1997, when he received his first big break in the big screens. When he got casted for Rush Hour, his popularity went through the roof. Appearing alongside Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan, Kenneth delivered an outstanding performance.
- Won the Gold Derby TV award for Ensemble of the Year in 2008.
- Nominated for Gold Derby TV award again in 2009.
- Got nominated for the same award again in 2010.
- Won a special mention in 2007 at the Francisco International Asian American Film Festival for Breakout Performance in Shanghai Kiss.
- Nominated for Golden Nymph for Outstanding Actor in Lost.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Ken Leung in 2021
Starring in several box office hits from Rush hour to X – Men, Kenneth was able to gather up quite a substantial amount of wealth. Some of his movies like Red Dragon, hit a box office collection of over $209 million. His well-deserved success led him to gather up a massive net worth of $3 million as of 2021.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Leung started practicing from a tender age of three itself, where he would perform skits for his grandma and news shows for his father.
- After being recommended to taking an acting class, Leung started to get serious about acting.
- Along with the screen and stage actress Anne Jackson, Leung studied at the HB studio.
- Welcome to the Dollhouse, which was a dark comedy movie, gave Leung his major break.
- Leung has stayed away from keeping in touch online with an absence of social media accounts.
Born to Chinese parents and growing up mainly in Manhattan, Kenneth Leung started out relatively small. Finishing his university degree and moving to theatrics, Kenneth had to work quite hard to cement his position in the industry. After getting his big break in Rush Hour, Kenneth went on to star in super hit movies one after the other, making him one of the most successful Asian actors in the industry.
Facts of Kenneth Leung
- Gender Male
- full nameKenneth Leung
- birthplaceWest Chester, PA
- Date of Birth January 21, 1970
- Age 53 years 8 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- net worth$3 million
- professionTelevision Actor, Movie Actor, Actor
- weightIn Kilograms – 65 Kg, In Pounds – 143 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 170 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5′ 7″
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorBrown
- high schoolPierre English Boarding school