Kiki Bertens is a Dutch professional tennis player who has won multiple singles and doubles titles on the WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) Tour including the 2017 Swiss Open, the 2018 Charleston Open, the 2018 Cincinnati Open, and the 2019 Madrid Open (singles); and the 2016 Nuremberg Cup, the 2016 Luxembourg Open, the 2017 Swiss Open, and the 2018 Brisbane International (doubles). As of August 2020, her best performance at a Grand Slam event was reaching the semi-final of the 2016 French Open (singles); and the quarter-final of both the 2015 Australian Open and the 2016 French Open (doubles). She had also reached the semi-final of the year-ending WTA Tour Championships Finals in 2018 (singles) and the final in 2017 (doubles). At the team level, she had helped the Netherlands reach the semi-final of the 2016 edition of the prestigious Fed Cup.
Breda, North Brabant, Netherlands
She is represented by Wesport, Boutique Sports Management Agency, Stockholm, Sweden.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kiki has dated –
- Remko de Rijke (2017–Present) – Kiki had started dating her physiotherapist Remko de Rijke in 2017. The couple got married on November 30, 2019.
- Toned physique
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
- Has a mole on her neck
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
Kiki has been sponsored by –
- Wilson Sporting Goods
Kiki Bertens Facts
- A child prodigy, Kiki, had started playing tennis from the age of 6. She would practice at ATV Berkenrode, a club where her aunt and uncle used to play. The following year, noted coach Martin van der Brugghen took her under his tutelage. He had stated that he had witnessed immense potential in Kiki and had decided to teach her for a lower than usual fees as she was not getting enough support from the Dutch tennis federation.
- When she won her first WTA title, the 2012 Morocco Open, she had become the first Dutch female player since Michaëlla Krajicek in 2006, to win a WTA singles trophy. Before this, she had never won a WTA singles match in the main draw, but here she had not just won the title but also defeated high profile players like (quarter-final) and (semi-final).
- In May 2019, when she had reached number 4 on the official WTA singles rankings, she had become the highest-ranked female Dutch tennis player in history. Also highly accomplished at the doubles format, she had broken into the ‘Top 20’ of the WTA doubles rankings in April 2018, when she had reached the 16th rank.
- One of the most storied runs of her career came at the 2018 Madrid Open. She was unseeded going into the tournament but had managed to upset 3 stalwarts in successive matches – (3rd round), (quarter-final), and (semifinal) – before losing a hard-fought 3-set match to in the final.
Featured Image by Kiki Bertens / Instagram
Facts of Kiki Bertens
- Gender Female
- full nameKiki Bertens
- birthplaceWateringen, Westland, South Holland, Netherlands
- Date of Birth December 10, 1991
- Age 29 years 11 months
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Turquoise
- Lucky Color Orange
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundDutch
- net worth$1 million
- professionProfessional Tennis Player
- weight69 kg or 152 lbs
- height6 ft or 183 cm
- hair colorBlonde
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildAthletic
- motherDoré Bertens
- fatherRob Bertens
- sistersJoyce Bertens, Daisy Bertens