Kumar Mangalam Birla is an Indian entrepreneur and billionaire who is the chairman of Aditya Birla Group as well as the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. Besides that, he is also the chancellor of the Birla Institute of Technology & Science.
- Sports a thick mustache
- Wears a pair of rectangular glasses
Kumar Mangalam Birla Facts
- Birla’s generation is the 4th generation of the Marwari Birla family who is originally from Rajasthan.
- He was brought up in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Birla was announced as the new chairman of the Aditya Birla Group in 1995 after his father Aditya Vikram Birla passed away. His good entrepreneurial skills helped his family business raise its income inflow from US$3.33 Billion in 1995 to US$48.3 billion by 2019.
- His great great great great grandfather Baldeo Das Birla was adopted by Shiv Narain Birla who did not have children of his own and later, passed down his business to Baldeo Das.
- In 2014, Birla bought a sea-facing Jatia house for an estimated INR 425 crore in Mumbai.
- He is the chairman of Vodafone Idea Limited.
- With time, he has received various awards such as the International Advertising Association’s “CEO of the Year Award” in 2016, the US India Business Council’s “Global Leadership Award” in 2014, Economic Times “Business Leader Award” in 2003 and 2013, Forbes India Leadership Award – Flagship Award “Entrepreneur of the Year 2012.”
Featured Image By Ashoka Birla Group / Facebook
Facts of Kumar Mangalam Birla
- Gender Male
- full nameKumar Mangalam Birla
- middle nameMangalam
- nicknamesMr. Birla
- birthplaceKolkata, West Bengal, India
- Date of Birth June 14, 1967
- Age 54 years 5 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundMarwari
- net worth$8.2 billion
- weight75 kg or 165.5 lbs
- height5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- collegeSydenham College of Commerce and Economics
- motherRajashree Birla
- fatherAditya Vikram Birla
- sistersVasavadatta Bajaj