Laura Donnelly is an Irish actress known for appearing in various stage productions and TV shows. She has shown her superior acting skills in many popular plays like The River, The Ferryman and has portrayed important roles on TV shows such as Janet Fraser Murray in Outlander, and Violet Heath in Missing. She made her stage debut in 2008 playing the character of Juliet in Romeo and Juliet at the Open Air Theatre at Regents Park.
Laura Frances Donnelly
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Laura studied at the Rathmore Grammar School in Belfast. Upon moving to Glasgow, she attended the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama and graduated in 2004.
- Father – He is a GP.
- Mother – She is a nurse and counselor.
- Siblings – Susan Donnelly (Sister), Helen Donnelly (Sister), Kirsten Donnelly (Sister), Aidan Donnelly (Brother), Connor Donnelly (Brother)
- Other – Eugene Simons (Maternal Uncle) (Died in 1984)
Laura is represented by the London-based Jonathan Arun Ltd.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Donnelly has dated –
- Nathan Connolly (2001-2015) – Laura was introduced to Nathan, who is the guitarist of the Northern Irish band Snow Patrol, through a common friend. Laura was always sure that she would settle down with a person of the artistic bend so that they could have common interests. She did find that with Nathan and they dated for a long time but kept their relationship low-key. In May 2015, Laura broke the news that she was with another man, confirming the speculations of a break-up with Nathan.
- (2015-2016) – American actor Lee Pace and Laura started dating in 2015 and broke up in 2016.
- Jez Butterworth – On December 3, 2017, when English playwright Jez Butterworth received the best play award for The Ferryman, at the London Evening Standard Theatre Royal, he thanked Laura in his speech. He also revealed that she had been pregnant with their child throughout its 131 performances. She was 6 months pregnant at the end of it and nobody had noticed. So, he gave his award to her for her commitment, dedication and for seeing it through.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘red’.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Jenny Fraser Murray in the drama series Outlander.
- Her impressive theatre credits which include plays like The River (2012 & 2015) and The Ferryman (2017).
She made her theatrical film debut in 2008 in the horror film Insatiable as Rachel.
First TV Show
Laura made her first TV show appearance on the Channel 4 drama series Sugar Rush as Beth in 2005.
Laura Donnelly Favorite Things
- Play – Jerusalem by Jez Butterworth
- City – London, Paris, New York
- Pre/Post-Show Meal – Colbert in London, Bar Centrale in New York
- Liquid Refreshment – Dirty Martini
- Onscreen Role – Sarah Kay in the series The Fall, Violet Heath in the series Missing
- Acting Idols – , ,
- TV Show – The Good Wife
- Movies – What About Bob?, The Birdcage, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf, Gone With the Wind
- Performer – Tom Waits
- Onstage Role As A Child/Teenager – Fionnuala in The Children of Lir at age of 11
Laura Donnelly Facts
- She attended drama school with fellow actor who played her brother on the drama series Outlander.
- Laura acted in the Sam Mendes directed play The Ferryman, which opened at the Royal Court Theatre in April 2017. The play became a huge success and also the fastest selling play in Royal Court Theatre’s history.
- If she wasn’t an actress, she would have been a psychologist.
- She was a gymnast while growing up.
Featured Image by Fox News Magazine / YouTube
Facts of Laura Donnelly
- full nameLaura Donnelly
- Date of Birth August 20, 1982
- Age 40 years 9 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- weight51 kg
- height5 ft 4 in