Lester Don Holt Jr., by profession, is an American journalist and also a news anchor for weekend news editions like NBC Nightly News and Dateline NBC. Later on, he became the permanent anchor of NBC Nightly News after the exit of Brian Williams. He is the first American-African to conduct solo anchoring on the weekday network of America media.
Well, how well do you know about Lester Holt? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Lester Holt’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Lester Holt to date.
Biography and Early Life:
Lester was born at Hamilton Air Force Base, Marin County, California, on the 8th of March in the year 1959. He was born into the family of June (DeRozario) and Lester Don Holt Sr. He was the youngest among the four children in the family. His grandparents (maternal) were born in Jamaica, so her mother belongs to Indo-Jamaican. He also has Jamaican roots from her father’s family side. No more factors are mentioned more about his early life and more information like names of siblings. So we can assume from the fact as mentioned above only about his early livelihood.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Lester Holt in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Lester Holt’s age is 62 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 8 March 1959. Though, he is 6′ 1″ in feet and inches and 187 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 167.551 lbs in Pound and 76kg in Kilograms.
Holt completed his graduation from Cordova High School in Rancho Cordova in the year 1977. He completed his higher studies at the California State University, Sacramento, where he majored in government. In the year 2012, he said that his first on-air job was being a disc jockey during his college years. No more facts about his educational career are mentioned by him anywhere else. So we can assume he has an excellent academic background.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
As Holt resides in Manhattan with his wife Carol Hagen, they have two sons: Stefan and Cameron. His son graduated from Pepperdine University and was also the morning anchor at NBC-owned WMAQ-TV in Chicago. He is into the3 same career profession as his father. So this much valid information has been replenished about his personal life. He is never being rumored about with any female counterpart. He is believed to be a good family man.
Is Lester Holt Gay?
Nowhere has it been mentioned about him being gay. He is believed to be male by sexual orientation part. He is very clear about his gender, and whenever he is asked about it, he stays transparent and open whenever needed. His family and married life describe it all. So we can spot it and clarify that he is male by gender and straight when classified on sexual orientation.
Lester spends his nineteen years of working career with CBS as a reporter, anchor, and correspondent too at the international level. In the year 1981, he was given the post of a reporter at WCBS-TV in New York City. Then in the year 2000, Holt then joined MSNBC, and later on, in 2003, he assured as a full-time duty at NBC News.
- 2000-2003: assigned as a reporter at WCBS-TV
- 1981-2000: OWNED the CBS and with that operated stations.
- 2015 – till present: Dateline NBC Anchor.
- 2011- present: Dateline NBC Anchor.
- 2003-2014: today, fill-in anchor
- 2003-2015: NBC Nightly News Weekend Anchor.
- 1983-1986: WBCS-TV anchor.
- 1990: Robert Kennedy journalism award
- 2012: Honorary Doctorate from Pepperdine State University
- 2015: Honorary Doctorate from California Hall Of Fame
- 2016: Alan B. Dumont Broadcaster of the year
- 2016: NABJ Journalist of the Y
- 2020: Honorary Doctorate from Rutgers University
- 2019: Walter Cronkite Award for excellence in journalism
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Lester Holt in 2021
As of 2021, Holt is expected to have a net worth of $50 million approximately. He earns a salary of $4 million per year from this anchoring career as a journalist. He maintains a good earning from his profession. He also has a luxurious life being a well-known celeb in this era. He is a known anchor in the media line and also one of the highest-paid. He enjoys his life in terms of his expectations and makes it a lucid able one. He also earns from his book write-ups. He has a good to go the life and enjoys each penny earned by him.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know:
- Holt is a free-minded person and also cools in nature.
- He rarely gets angry, so he is built into a good anchor or journalist, we can say.
- He loves to travel to new places with his family and enjoys cooking in his free time.
- He also loves to paint as a disc jockey at the time of his college days.
- He is also quite interested in music, especially rock one too.
A good human finds out positive aspects in life from every negative one. So did Holt. He proved that a positive approach could also lead you to a greater extent in life. So having an optimistic approach in life is very much essential.
Facts of Lester Don Holt Jr.
- Gender Male
- full nameLester Don Holt Jr.
- birthplaceMarin County, California, United States
- Date of Birth March 08, 1959
- Age 64 years 9 months
- Horoscope Pisces
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Aquamarine
- Lucky Color Sea Green
- Best Match for Marriage Cancer, Scorpio
- net worth$50 million
- professionJournalist and news anchor
- weightIn Kilograms – 76 Kg, In pounds- 167.551 lbs
- heightIn metres – 187 cm, In Feet and Inches – 6′ 1″
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorBlack
- high schoolCordova High School in Rancho Cordova