Lorne Michaels is a Canadian-American producer, comedian, screenwriter, and actor who is known as the mastermind behind the longest-running sketch comedy and variety show, Saturday Night Live (1975-1980, 1985-Present).
Lorne David Lipowitz
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lorne studied at Forest Hill Collegiate Institute.
In 1966, he graduated with a degree in English from University College of the University of Toronto.
Producer, Screenwriter, Actor, Comedian
- Father – Henry Abraham Lipowitz
- Mother – Florence Becker
- Siblings – Mark Lipowitz (Younger Brother) (Died), Barbara Lipowitz (Younger Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lorne has dated –
- Rosie Schuster (1967-1980) – Michaels married comedy writer Rosie Schuster on October 5, 1971. But, they got divorced in 1980.
- Susan Forristal (1981-1987) – His 2nd marriage to Susan Forristal lasted from 1981 to 1987.
- Alice Barry (1990-Present) – In 1991, the SNL creator married Alice Barry. He is a father to sons Henry Michaels, Edward Michaels, and daughter Sophie Michaels.
Race / Ethnicity
However, his hair has turned gray with his advancing age.
Lorne Michaels Favorite Things
- Cast Members On SNL – ,
- Athletes On SNL – ,
Source – , Spin.com
Lorne Michaels Facts
- He has revealed that he regrets not hiring and on SNL.
- Lorne once worked as a joke writer for .
- He is close friends with , of the Simon & Garfunkel fame.
- Some reports suggest that he was born in a kibbutz in Israel (then British-mandate Palestine), and not in Toronto as widely reported.
- based the character of Jack Donaghy from 30 Rock on Michaels.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / / CC BY 3.0
Facts of Lorne Michaels
- full nameLorne Michaels
- Date of Birth November 17, 1944
- Age 77 years 2 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- weight72 kg
- height5 ft 7 in