MacKenzie Bezos is an American novelist, TV personality, and philanthropist, best known as the former spouse of Amazon’s founder, Jeff Bezos. She has published novels such as The Testing of Luther Albright (2005) and Traps (2013).
Seattle, Washington, United States
Boyfriend / Spouse
MacKenzie Bezos has dated –
- (1992-2019) – She met Jeff Bezos in 1992 while they were both working at D. E. Shaw, a New York City hedge fund. She was a research associate while he was vice president of the firm and their offices were next to each other. They got engaged 3 months after they began dating and were married within 6 months, on September 4, 1993. In 1994, after he got the idea for Amazon, they quit their jobs and moved to Seattle, Washington, United States. MacKenzie and Jeff have 4 children, 3 sons and an adopted daughter from China. On January 9, 2019, they announced via Twitter they would divorce. The divorce was finalized on July 5, 2019, with Jeff keeping 75% of the Amazon stock they owned together. She received a 4% stake in Amazon, which was about 19.7 million Amazon stocks valued at $35.6 billion. This instantly made her the 3rd richest woman and one of the wealthiest people in the world.
MacKenzie Bezos Facts
- At the age of 6, MacKenzie wrote a 142-pages long book called The Book Worm.
- Jeff initially fell in love with her laughter, which he called “fabulous.”
- MacKenzie and Jeff almost chose the name “Relentless” instead of “Amazon”.
- While she drove to Washington in 1994, Jeff was typing the business plan for Amazon on his laptop.
- During the early days of Amazon, in early 1996, MacKenzie officially worked as an accountant but did all other jobs as well. She shared an office with a junior employee that was also the company’s kitchen. For 12 hours per day, everyone squeezed to eat or drink while she worked. At night, she packed orders at the warehouse.
- She studied under a Nobel-prize winning novelist, , during her time at university. Toni later stated she was one of the best students she ever had in her creative classes.
- MacKenzie wasn’t a part of Amazon’s publishing imprint when she released her novels. Jeff jokingly stated this landed her a nickname “the fish that got away.”
- MacKenzie revealed that she and Jeff had different personalities that complemented each other. He liked to meet other people and was very social. She found cocktail parties and the number of conversations she had to hold nerve-racking.
- She is the “jeans and t-shirt” type of woman.
- Jeff recalled many times he saw her in the kitchen after she woke up before him to start writing.
- In May 2019, she signed an initiative, The Giving Pledge, which encourages extremely wealthy people to donate a majority of their wealth to various philanthropic causes.
- MacKenzie vowed to donate at least half of her wealth to charity during her lifetime or in her will.
- On January 27, 2020, it was revealed she sold approximately $400 million worth of her shares in Amazon, which left her with $19.5 million shares.
- On February 23, 2020, her net worth was $41.1 billion.
Facts of MacKenzie Scott Tuttle
- Gender Male
- full nameMacKenzie Scott Tuttle
- middle nameScott
- birthplaceSan Francisco, California, United States
- Date of Birth April 07, 1970
- Age 51 years 7 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- religionRoman Catholicism
- net worth$35 billion
- professionPhilanthropist, Novelist, TV Personality
- weight59 kg or 130 lbs
- height5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorHazel
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeUniversity of Cambridge