Manoj Bajpayee is an Indian actor who is known for his roles in films like Satya, Shool, Zubeidaa, Gangs Of Wasseypur, and the 2019 Amazon Prime Original series The Family Man. He received the National Award for his performance in the film Satya (1998) and Pinjar (2003). He was also given a Padma Shri award for his contribution to Indian cinema in 2019. Manoj is considered to be a method actor and is known to go at lengths to prepare for a character. He has done numerous films and won various awards as well for his performances.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He is managed by H.N. Tripathi.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manoj has dated –
- Neha Bajpayee (2006-present) – Neha and Manoj got married in 2006 and they have a daughter together.
- He had a wife before he got married to Neha but her name and identity are unknown.
He has been a part of commercials like –
- Pan Vilas
- CIPAM India’s “No to Piracy” campaign
Manoj Bajpayee Favorite Things
- Food – Arrabiata pasta
- Actors – , Raghubir Yadav, ,
- Destinations – New Zealand, Iceland
- Books – Apna Morcha by Kashinath Singh, Ghalib Danger by , Godaan – The Gift of a Cow by Munshi Premchand
Manoj Bajpayee Facts
- He was named after Manoj Kumar.
- He helped his father in farming whenever he came home from his boarding school.
- Manoj went to Delhi without any reservation.
- He usually plays the role of a man from a rural background with strong moral values.
- He was rejected from NSD 4 times before he got appointed there as a teacher.
- Manoj worked hard on his Hindi and English diction during his college theatre days.
- He was very much focused on dramatics and hardly studied for his exams.
- He learned the semi-classical dance Chau (dance of west Bengal) dance form for 4 years.
- Manoj considers Barry John to be his trainer and mentor.
- He did a lot of small roles during his struggling days in films like Drohkaal, Bandit Queen, Dastak, Tamanna, and Daud.
- His character of Bhiku Mhatre in the 1998 film Satya was a breakthrough role and he also won a National Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- He won the Filmfare Critics Award for “Best Actor ” for the movie Shool in 1999.
- He never looks into the mirror while getting his makeup done because he still finds it hard to believe that he has become an actor.
- Manoj was offered a role in the 2002 film Devdas which he refused.
- He was also a part of a film called Barf that ultimately got shelved.
- He has starred in various shelved films like Delhi-The Capital, 90 MINUTES, Nilami, Bitter Rain, and many others.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0
Facts of Manoj Bajpayee
- Gender Male
- full nameManoj Bajpayee
- birthplaceBelwa, Narkatiaganj, West Champaran, Bihar, India
- Date of Birth April 23, 1969
- Age 52 years 7 months
- Horoscope Taurus
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Emerald
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
- net worth$20 Million
- weight68 kg or 150 lbs
- height5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeMaharani Janaki College
- fatherRadhakant Bajpai
- brothersSaroj Bajpayee, Sujit Kumar Bajpayee
- sistersPoonam Dubey, Kamini Shukla, Garima
- favorite booksApna Morcha by Kashinath Singh, Ghalib Danger by , Godaan – The Gift of a Cow by Munshi Premchand
- favorite foodArrabiata pasta