Marteen is an American singer, songwriter, YouTube star, social media personality, and multi-instrumentalist who has gained much popularity in the music industry with his talents. He is also the younger cousin of famous singer and songwriter, Kehlani, and has also worked with her in a couple of projects. Marteen has also done opening acts for some of the biggies of the music industry which include Kehlani, Fifth Harmony, Bryson Tiller, and Dua Lipa. Moreover, he has also released several tracks such as OMW (On My Wave), I Wanna, Head Up, Pull Up, Sriracha, Left to Right, and Never Be Stopped. He has also accumulated a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram, more than 100k subscribers on YouTube, more than 25k followers on Twitter, and more than 20k followers on Facebook.
California, United States
R&B, Pop, K-Pop
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Warner Bros., Lyon Estates
- Pierced nose
- Lean physique
- Deep set eyes
Marteen has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of KidSuper, JOYRICH, ROSE IN GOOD FAITH, PARAVAL, and M.COHEN.
Best Known For
- Opening for some of the major artists of the music industry such as Kehlani, Fifth Harmony, Bryson Tiller, and Dua Lipa
- Releasing an EP titled NOTHANKYOU. on February 23, 2018, via Warner Bros. which consisted of tracks such as Sriracha, Two Days, We Cool, Left to Right, and Never Be Stopped. It also became a certified ‘Platinum’ in South Korea in the latter part of the year.
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram, more than 100k subscribers on YouTube, more than 25k followers on Twitter, and more than 20k followers on Facebook
As a Singer
Marteen has released a number of EPs, singles, and mixtapes such as NOTHANKYOU., Focused, I Wanna, Head Up, OMW (On My Wave), Pull Up, and Woke.
Marteen stays fit by leading an active lifestyle.
Marteen Favorite Things
- Music Inspirations From The 90s – Musiq Soulchild, , D’Angelo
- Modern Day Music Inspirations – Kehlani, , ,
Source – Yr.Media.com
- He grew up around the Bay area.
- Marteen, along with his family, shifted base from Alameda, Alameda County, California to El Cerrito located in Contra Costa County, California. After some time, the family again relocated to Burbank, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
- He self-taught himself to play the piano as well as the guitar by watching YouTube videos when he was only around 12 years old. That was also the time when he started uploading covers of a number of pop songs on his Instagram account.
- Soon after Marteen started posting covers of various songs on social media, he was approached by several music labels.
- His cousin as well as popular singer, Kehlani, featured him in the video for her song titled What It’s All About in December 2014. Just around a year after that, record producer, J.R. Rotem (Lyon Estates), started working with Marteen.
- His music is influenced by the culture he was raised in and has helped him get a better understanding of things and then express them in his own way. He has also acknowledged the power of social media which can help anyone, with the right talent, to achieve success and fame.
- During his younger years, Marteen thought of becoming a baseball player.
- He did opening acts for several music artists such as Fifth Harmony, , and Kehlani in 2016.
- In August 2016, he independently released his first mixtape titled Focused, which consisted of tracks such as Funny, Try, and Draymond.
- On some select dates in May 2017, Marteen also opened for Kehlani on her SweetSexySavage World Tour.
- He signed a contract with Warner Bros. Records in July 2017.
- It was in October 2017 that he announced an opening slot on ‘s Fall 2017 tour.
- Marteen wants everyone to know that despite their struggles with life, everything will turn out just fine someday.
- One piece of advice that he has for his followers is “Just to put yourself out there. Social media is a huge thing right now and I feel like if you wanna be a singer or a rapper or just an artist, do it every day. Just work really hard every day. Never stop until you get to where you wanna be, whether that’s singing videos, or just like–putting yourself out there, fosho.”
- He joined YouTube with his eponymous channel on June 15, 2014, and the videos on the channel have amassed more than 15 million views.
- Marteen has also created quite a buzz with his work in the New York Times, Billboard, Paper Magazine, VMan, Just Jared, Galore, W Korea, and many more.
- In 2018, he was featured in the song What We Talkin’ Bout by NCT 127 which is the 2nd sub-unit and Seoul-based unit of the South Korean boy group, .
- Visit his official website @ marteen.com.
- Follow Marteen on , , , and .
Featured Image by Marteen / Instagram
Facts of Marteen Estevez
- Gender Male
- full nameMarteen Estevez
- birthplaceBerkeley, Alameda County, California, United States
- net worth$100,000 - $1Million
- professionSinger, Songwriter, YouTube Star, Social Media Personality, Multi-Instrumentalist
- weight66 kg or 145.5 lbs
- height5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorGray
- body type / buildSlim