Martin Landau was an American actor, acting coach, producer, and editorial cartoonist whose acting career spanned over 2 decades. He also appeared in more than 100 shows and films put together. Besides that, Martin was also a notably known acting coach whose students included the likes of actor and Anjelica Huston.
Martin was born on June 20, 1928.
Landau died on July 15, 2017, at the age of 89 in Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Westwood, Los Angeles, California, United States as a result of hypovolemic shock.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Landau’s named had been linked with –
- Barbara Bain (1957-1993) – They tied the knot with one another on January 31, 1957, but legally parted ways in 1993. They had two daughters named Susan Meredith Landau Finch (b. August 13, 1960) and Juliet Rose Landau (b. March 30, 1965).
- Gretchen Becker (1990-2017)
- Gravelly voice
- Tall and lean physique
- As he grew older, he began to wear big glasses.
- He spoke with a precisive Brooklyn accent.
In 2013, Martin appeared in a commercial for Mike’s Hard Lemonade.
Martin Landau Facts
- After completing his studies, Martin joined the New York Daily News at the age of 17 as a staff cartoonist. He continued to work there for 5 years alongside cartoonist Gus Edson for the comic column of The Gumps.
- His father tried to rescue his relatives from the Nazis.
- He was 22 years old when he decided to devote full-time attention to his theatre performances and quit the New York Daily News.
- Martin and actor Steve McQueen were the only 2 of 500 candidates to be selected to join the Actors Studio in 1955. During his time there, he was selected to join Mark Rydell and Sydney Pollack as an executive director at the studio.
- Landau was signed to TalentWorks during his active acting years.
- He wrote the foreword for the “” biography.
- Martin had credited comic actor Charlie Chaplin to be his greatest influence.
- He and actor had become close friends with one another after they met at the Actors Studio.
- During his active career, he had won 3 Golden Globe Awards (1968, 1989, 1995) and an Oscar Award in 1995.
- Martin’s cause of death was a hypovolemic shock that was a result of internal bleeding and heart disease.
Featured Image By TV studio / / Public Domain
Facts of Martin James Landau
- Gender Male
- full nameMartin James Landau
- middle nameJames
- birthplaceBrooklyn, New York City, United States
- Date of Birth June 20, 1928
- Age 93 years 5 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAshkenazi Jewish
- net worth$10 million
- professionActor, Acting Coach, Producer, Editorial Cartoonist
- weight95 kg or 209.5 lbs
- height6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
- hair colorGray
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- high schoolJames Madison High School
- motherSelma Buchman
- fatherMorris Landau
- sistersConstance Landau, Elinor Landau