Marty Smith, whose original name is Martin Smith, is a well-renowned sports journalist from the United States of America. He is best known for working as a journalist with the channel named “ESPN.” He has worked as a journalist in several sports fields such as football, basketball, and others.
Well, how well do you know about Marty Smith? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Marty Smith’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Marty Smith to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Marty was born in the year 1976 and in the month of April. He was born in Virginia, in the United States of America. His parents raised him in Virginia itself. By nationality, it is known that Marty is an American.
Marty was interested in the field of football from his very childhood days. Through his interest in sports, he later decided to establish his career as a sports journalist.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Marty Smith in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Marty Smith’s age is 45 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 15 April 1976. Though, he is 6′ 00″ in feet and inches and 183 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 132 lbs in Pound and 60 kg in Kilograms.
It is known that Marty has received his high school education from Giles High School. Further, he has received his college education from Radford University. He has completed his graduation from this university as well.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Marty is known to be a married man. The well-established journalist is happily married to a person named Lainie Smith- who is known to be his long-time girlfriend.
It is not known that when the couple had married. The couple has been blessed with three children-one a son and two daughters. The name of the two daughters and Mia Smith and Vivian Smith, while the son’s name is Cambron Smith.
Is Marty Smith Gay?
Marty is known to have been happily married to Lainie Smith- who was his long-time girlfriend. The couple is blessed with three children as well. Therefore, it can be assumed that he is not gay and his sexual orientation is straight.
At first, Marty decided to work as a sports analyst for several daily newspapers in Lynchburg and Roanoke. While doing his work as a sports analyst there, he got notices by NASCAR, and thereby he was hired as a senior writer for the website, where his main job was to be a NASCAR analyst on Fox Sports Net. In 2006, he was promoted to a higher level, where he was permitted to join the channel ESPN as a reporter of NASCAR.
Smith is known to have been highly successful after he joined ESPN in the year 2006, and it is known that from the year 2007 to the year 2014, he has led several reporting programs of NASCAR such as “NASCAR now,” “NASCAR Countdown, “and “Sports Center.“ Apart from this, Smith also had created several one-on-one discussions on his show with famous sportspersons belonging from various sports fields such as golf, football, and others.
In 2017, Smith decided to launch his show named “Marty Smith’s America.” This show runs on the channel name “ESPN2.“ Apart from that, Smith also hosts another show which goes by his name named “Marty Smith’s America Podcast.“
Following is the list of some awards received by Marty Smith:
- Marty was awarded “News & Documentary Emmy Award” under the category of “Outstanding Continuing Coverage of a News Story – Long Form” in the year 2006 and 2015
- He was also presented with the “News & Documentary Emmy Award” under the “Outstanding Continuing Coverage of a News Story – Long Form” in 2012.
- He was also presented with the “Daytime Emmy Award” under the category of “Outstanding Children’s Informational/Instructional Series” in 1981 and 1982.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Marty Smith in 2021
Marty’s net worth ranges up to $5 million as of 2021. His successful career as a sports journalist- especially his work for ESPN and NASCAR made his net worth increase.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Marty has revealed through an interview that his father- Leo Smith, had passed away in the year 2008. He had revealed in many interviews that he often remembers the time in his childhood days when his father used to take him to watch various games at Lane Stadium. He also revealed that his father was a big fan of football as well, especially of “Virginia Tech “football. He has also said that his father was a graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Furthermore, Marty has also revealed that his mother had passed away in the year 1990. He declared that the reason for her death was that she had cancer.
Marty Smith has become a household name in the United States of America as a sports journalist. He is indeed highly successful in his career. He has even established his show and podcast. We hope to see more of him and more of his journalism in the future.
Facts of Martin Smith
- Gender Male
- full nameMartin Smith
- birthplaceVirginia, United States
- Date of Birth April 01, 1976
- Age 45 years 9 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone
- Lucky Color
- Best Match for Marriage
- net worth$5 million
- professionSports Journalist
- weightIn Kilograms – 60 Kg, In Pounds – 132 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 183 cm, In Feet and Inches – 6′ 0″
- hair colorHazel
- eye colorLight Brown
- high schoolGiles High School