Melanie Jayne Lynskey, popularly known as Malanie Lynskey, is a well-known Actress of New Zealand and Vice Actress. In her professional life, she has received many awards which adds up to her professionalism in what she does the best. Some of the awards which she achieved in her career are, New Zealand Film Award, Hollywood Film Award and Golden Nymph Award nominations.
Well, how well do you know about Melanie Lynskey? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Melanie Lynskey’s net worth in 2021, her age, height, weight, boyfriend, husband, kids, biography and complete details about her life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Melanie Lynskey to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Melanie was born on 16 May 1977, in the city of New Plymouth, New Zealand. Her father’s name is Tim Lynskey, who was an orthopedic surgeon, and her mother’s name is Kay Lynskey. Her father is a professionally orthopedic surgeon, and her mother is a nurse. She has three brothers and one sister, and she is the oldest of all of them, and she also has a surname Irish. Lynskey’s family shifted to England one year before coming to New Zealand during her childhood.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Melanie Lynskey in 2021 and what is her height and weight? Well, Melanie Lynskey’s age is 44 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 16 May 1977. Though, she is 5′ 7″ in feet and inches and 170 cm in Centimetres tall, she weighs about 125 lbs in Pound and 56kg in Kilograms. Her eye color is Dark Brown and hair color is Dark Brown.
Lynskey completed her school life from New Plymouth Girls High school, which was situated in New Plymouth, New Zealand, and did her higher studies from the renowned Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
Personal Life: Dating, Boyfriends, Husband, Kids
Lynskey met an American actor named Jimmi Simpson while she was working in the film named Rose Red with him. After that, they were engaged, and on 14 April 2007, they got married in a church at Lake Hayes at a nearby place of Queenstown, New Zealand. On 25 September 2012, Lynskey filed a divorce, which was finalized on 23 May 2014.
She became engaged to another American Actor and Producer named Jason Ritter after four years of dating in February 2017. In December 2018, she had her first girl child. At present, she lives in Los Angeles, and she also has a close friendship with Clea DuVall, whom she met in a film named But I’m a Cheerleader. At the age of 10, she became vegetarian after studying sheep farming. As of the present time, she is a Pescetarian as she suffers from Misophonia.
Is Melanie Lynskey Lesbian?
No, Lynskey is not a lesbian. She got engaged with American actor Jimmi Simpson and got married on 14 April 2007. She became engaged to another American actor and producer named Jason Ritter after four years of dating. In February 2017, she also had her first girl child.
Lynskey starred with her role as a murderer in a film named Heavenly Creatures by Peter Jackson in 1994. After that, she went to the United States and started building her career with big and small budget movies; some of her movies were as follows:
- Even After in 1998
- Detroit Rock City in 1999
- But I was a Cheerleader in 1999.
- Coyote Ugly in 2000.
- Abandon in 2002.
- Sweet Home Alabama in 2002.
- Shattered Glass in 2003.
- Flags of Our Fathers in 2006.
- Away We Went in 2009.
- Up in the Air in 2009.
- The Informant! in 2009.
- Leaves of Grass in 2009.
- Win-Win in 2011.
- Perks of Being a Wallflower in 2012.
- Seeking a friend for the End of the World, which released in
In 2012, Lynskey got a recommendation for her performance in the film named Hello I Must Be Going. Away from the movies, she also achieved fame from 2003 to 2015 for her portrayal in the Rose of the drama named Two and a Half Men. In 2014, she also provided voices for the cartoon named Over the Garden Wall, which used to be telecasted on Cartoon Network.
- Best Actress Award 1995 for the film named Heavenly Creatures.
- Spotlight Award in 2009.
- The Best Supporting Actress, which was an International Award.
- The Best Performance by an Ensemble Award in 2012 for the film The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- Emerging Master Award in 2014.
- S.Dramatic Special Jury Award for Individual Performance in 2016 for the film named The Intervention
- The Best Vocal Ensemble in a New Television Series named Over The Garden Wall.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Melanie Lynskey in 2021
Melanie Lynskey’s net worth is $6 million approximately as of 2021. The majority of his wealth comes from her voicing and acting career. He worked in several successful movies and in various voice providing, which helped her gain her fortune.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Her father is professionally an Orthopedic Surgeon, and her mother is a nurse.
- At the age of 10, she became vegetarian after studying sheep farming.
- As of the present time, she is a Pescetarian as she suffers from Misophonia.
Melanie Lynskey is a successful American Actress and Voice provider for which she is one of the world’s best actresses. She is slightly different from others as she has talents that other people won’t have.
Facts of Melanie Layne Lynskey
- Gender Female
- full nameMelanie Layne Lynskey
- birthplaceNew Plymouth, New Zealand
- Date of Birth May 16, 1977
- Age 45 years 4 months
- Horoscope Taurus
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Emerald
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
- nationalityNew Zealander
- net worth$6 million
- professionActress and Voice Actress
- weightIn Kilograms – 56 Kg, In Pounds – 125 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres –170 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5′ 7″
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- high schoolNew Plymouth Girls High School