Melody Thornton is an American singer-songwriter, dancer, and television personality who came to limelight as a member of the pop group The Pussycat Dolls where she performed as the 2nd lead singer and became well known for her melismatic vocal runs. After the group disbanded in 2010, she focused on a solo career and released her 1st mixtape titled P.O.Y.B.L on March 15, 2012. She has also appeared in an episode of the reality television series Keeping Up with the in 2007, along with starring in many others.
Mel, Baby Doll
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She attended Camelback High School in Phoenix in Arizona, graduating in 2003.
Singer-songwriter, Dancer, Television personality
- Father – Theolph Thornton
- Mother – Elia
- Siblings – Nichole Thornton (Older Sister)
She is signed with these modeling agencies –
- Stage Addiction – Australia
- Bold Management – United Kingdom
- A&M Records
- The Network Artist Agency
- Melody SangReal
- Republic Records
- Island Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- (2008) – She was in a brief relationship with rapper, actor, and television host Bow Wow from April 2008 to June 2008.
- (2008) – It was rumored that she had an encounter with actor, singer, writer, and director Eddie Murphy in 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic, White, and Black)
She is of Mexican-American descent on her mother’s side and African-American descent on her father’s side of the family.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Shapely lips
- Thick eyebrows
- Cheerful smile
- Tattoo on her left wrist
Melody Thornton Favorite Things
- Passion – Meditation
- Adores – Pet dog Franklin
Source – ,
Melody Thornton Facts
- Her talent was first noted at a Papago Elementary School talent show when she sang ‘s remake of the number titled Without You.
- She has disclosed that she had seen The Pussycat Dolls for the first time on ‘s show called MTV Diary and she had loved the concept.
- Thornton has revealed that being with The Pussycat Dolls had taken a toll on her personal life when she experienced that the music business is a difficult industry involving high levels of stress and anxiety behind the scenes. She has recalled that she found the pressures to be immense and as a band member, she was compelled to do things that were in the best interest of the group, which made her get lost and lose a part of herself in the process. She reported that after leaving the group, she somewhat recovered only after seeking therapy to heal the damage caused.
- Melody has been deeply influenced by her own experiences in the past and that can be heard in her music. Along with the infusion of her ancestral roots, she has also dwelled on the time she had spent growing up in Arizona. She has shared that her parents were both brought up in small towns in the state with a wild west vibe, the region having a rich history and interesting stories, and all that has been a huge influence on her creativity.
Featured Image by Melody Thornton / Instagram
Facts of Melody Thornton
- full nameMelody Thornton
- Date of Birth September 28, 1984
- Age 37 years 2 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- weight56 kg
- height5 ft 3 in