Meredith Eaton is an American actress who is best known for portraying the characters of Emily Resnick in the legal drama TV series Family Law (2001–2002), Bethany Horowitz in the legal comedy-drama TV series Boston Legal (2006–2008), and Matilda “Matty” Webber in the action-adventure TV series MacGyver (2017–Present). Other than her acting work, she has worked as a psychotherapist in a psychiatric hospital with criminally insane patients. Meredith has also been a staunch advocate of animal rights and has actively worked with several animal rights organizations.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meredith has dated –
- Michael Gilden (1997–2006) – Meredith had started dating fellow dwarf actor Michael Gilden in 1997 and they got married on May 20, 2001. They were together until Michael committed suicide in December 2006.
- Martin Klebba (2007)
- Brian S. Gordon (2007-Present) – Meredith started dating professional photographer and former voiceover actor Brian S. Gordon in 2007 and they got married on October 12, 2008. They have a daughter together.
- Stocky frame
- Short stature
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Meredith Eaton Facts
- When she began portraying the character of Emily Resnick in the TV series Family Law (2001–2002), Meredith became the first female dwarf actor to occupy a regular role in an American prime time TV series.
- At Hofstra University, she was actively involved in the Delta Phi Epsilon sorority. In June 2007, the institution honored her by naming her as their ‘Alumnus of the Month’.
- She has often credited her training in clinical psychology at Adelphi University for providing her greater understanding of character dynamics when preparing for acting auditions or when taking up a new role.
- Her acting career began in earnest in 1999 when she attended an open casting call and defeated more than 500 aspirants from Canada, the UK, and the United States, who were all auditioning for the part of Maudey Beasley in the comedy film Unconditional Love. The film was eventually released in 2002 after suffering from production delays.
- Her performance in Unconditional Love was noted by Canadian screenwriter and director/producer Paul Haggis who eventually created the role of Emily Resnick in the legal drama TV series Family Law specifically with Meredith in mind.
- She has also featured as ‘herself’ in the History TV documentary Standing Tall at Auschwitz, and in No Bigger Than a Minute, a documentary on dwarfism.
Featured Image by Meredith Eaton / Instagram
Facts of Meredith Hope Eaton
- Gender Female
- full nameMeredith Hope Eaton
- nicknamesMerrie, Short-Stature Actress, Little
- birthplaceLong Island, New York, United States
- Date of Birth August 26, 1974
- Age 47 years 3 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAmerican
- net worth$1.2 million
- weight58 kg or 128 lbs
- height4 ft or 122 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorLight Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- high schoolGeorge W. Hewlett High School
- collegeHofstra University
- motherDiane Eaton