Michael Jeffrey Jordan, prevalently known as Michael Jordan is a legendary American former expert basketball player. He is viewed as one of the best basketball players ever. The Chicago Bulls drafted him third overall in the 1984 NBA Draft and later proceeded to play 15 seasons in the NBA as a shooting guard or small forward position. He won 6 NBA titles with the Bulls. He quickly resigned from basketball in 1993 to play baseball yet came back to basketball in 1995. He resigned from basketball for the second time in January 1999 however came back to NBA for two seasons with the Washington Wizards. During his whole playing vocation, he has earned various renowned honors. He is as of now the main proprietor of the Charlotte Hornets of the NBA.
Table of Contents
Michael Jordan Bio, Age
Michael Jordan was conceived on 17 February 1963. His original name is Michael Jeffrey Jordan. His origination is in New York City, New York in the US. He holds an American nationality. He has a place with African-American ethnicity. He was destined to a dad, James R. Jordan Sr., and a mother, Deloris Jordan. He has 4 siblings. He has 2 older siblings (brothers), Larry, and James R. Jordan Jr., one more older sister, Deloris, and one more youthful sister, Roslyn. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. His family moved to Wilmington, North Carolina when he was a child.
He went to Emsley A. Laney High School in Wilmington. He exceeded expectations in basketball, baseball, and football at high school. He got grant offers from a few schools including Duke, North Carolina, South Carolina, Syracuse, and Virginia. He resolved to play for the University of North Carolina on a basketball grant. During his three seasons with the Tar Heels, he averaged 17.7 points and 5.0 rebounds per game. He forego his senior season to enter the 1984 NBA Draft. He came back to North Carolina, where he graduated with a Four-year certification in liberal arts degree in social topography in 1986.
What is the height of Michael Jordan?
He has a height of 6 feet and 6 inches and weighs 98Kg. He has a bald head and has brown eyes.
Michael Jordan Career
The Chicago Bulls drafted him third overall in the 1984 NBA Draft. He played the vast majority of his NBA vocation with the Bulls. He proceeded to win 6 NBA Titles with Bulls including a few NBA MVPs and established some records. He won 2 back to back NBA titles, making sure about a “three-peat”. He missed most of the 1985-86 season because of the foot injury.
He quickly resigned in 1993 to seek after a vocation in baseball, which he exceeded expectations in high school. it was later announced that Jordan’s 1993 retirement was a mystery suspension by the class for betting. He was seen betting in Atlanta City, New Jersey during the Bulls’ season finisher run in 1993.
He played baseball in the minor league as an outfielder. He signed a Minor League Baseball contract with the Chicago White Sox in February 1994. He played for the Birmingham Barons and Scottsdale Scorpions. Due to the ongoing Major League Baseball strike in March 1995, he decided to quit baseball.
He came back to basketball in March 1995 joining his previous club Bulls. He later proceeded to win 3 more NBA titles with the Bulls. He drove the Bulls to make sure about the second “three-peat” subsequent to coming back from retirement.
He resigned for a second time in January 1999. He made his NBA return joining the Washington Wizards in January 2000, not as a player, yet as part-proprietor and leader of all tasks for the Wizards. He wanted to come back to the NBA as a player and made his NBA return as a player in September 2001. He played 2 seasons for the Wizards. He played his last game at the United Center in Chicago, where he received a four-minute standing ovation. He played his last NBA game against the Philadelphia 76ers on 16 April 2003. He got a three-minute overwhelming applause from his colleagues, his adversaries, the authorities, and the crowd.
He recorded 32,292 points, 6,672 rebounds, and 5,633 assists in his 15 NBA seasons. At the conclusion of his 15 NBA seasons, he averaged record 30.1 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 5.3 assists per game.
Jordan won two Olympic gold medals for the US. He originally won the gold decoration for the USA in the 1984 Summer Olympics, when he was a school player. He later won the 1993 Summer Olympics with the US. The three individuals from the US group, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird were called the was named the “Dream Team”.
- NCAA national championship – 1981–82
- ACC Freshman of the Year – 1981–82
- Two-time Consensus NCAA All-American First Team – 1982–83, 1983–84
- ACC Men’s Basketball Player of the Year – 1983–84
- USBWA College Player of the Year – 1983–84
- Naismith College Player of the Year – 1983–84
- Adolph Rupp Trophy – 1983–84
- John R. Wooden Award – 1983–84
- Number 23 retired by the North Carolina Tar Heels
- Six-time NBA champion – 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
- Six-time NBA Finals MVP – 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
- Five-time NBA MVP – 1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998
- 10-time NBA scoring leader – 1987–1993, 1996–1998
- 14-time NBA All-Star – 1985–1993, 1996–1998, 2002, 2003
- Three-time NBA All-Star Game MVP – 1988, 1996, 1998
- 11-time All-NBA Team
- First team – 1987–1993, 1996–1998
- Second team – 1985
- Nine-time NBA All-Defensive First Team – 1988–1993, 1996–1998
- Two-time NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion – 1987, 1988
- NBA Rookie of the Year – 1984–85
- Two-time IBM Award winner – 1985, 1989
- NBA Defensive Player of the Year – 1987–88
- Named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History in 1996
- Number 23 retired by the Chicago Bulls
- Number 23 retired by the Miami Heat
- Two-time Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame
- class of 2009 – individual
- class of 2010 – as a member of the “Dream
- United States Olympic Hall of Fame – class of 2009 (as a member of the “Dream Team”)
- FIBA Hall of Fame – class of 2015
- Two-time Olympic Gold Medal winner – 1984, 1992
- “Triple Crown of Basketball” winner
- Three-time Associated Press Athlete of the Year – 1991, 1992, 1993
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year – 1991
- Section of Madison Street in Chicago renamed Michael Jordan Drive – 1994
- Ranked No.1 by Slam magazine’s Top 50 Players of All-Time
- Ranked No.1 by ESPN SportsCentury’s Top North American Athletes of the 20th century
- North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame
- 1997 Marca Leyenda winner
- 10-time ESPY Award winner (in various categories)
- Statue in front of the United Center
- 2016 Presidential Medal of Freedom
Who is Michael Jordan Married to?
Jordan wedded Juanita Vanoy in September 1989. They had two children, Jeffrey, and Marcus, and a girl, Jasmine. The couple petitioned for legal separation in January 2002. Before settling their separation, the couple reconciled. They again petitioned for legal separation in December 2006. Juanita got a $168 million settlement following her separation with Jordan. Their separation settlement turned into the biggest VIP separate from the settlement on open record at that point. He turned into a granddad in 2019 when his little girl Jasmine from his first marriage brought forth a son.
He then dated Cuban-American model Yvette Prieto. They got engaged with December 2011, on Christmas. They attached a bunch to one another on 27 April 2013. The couple has indistinguishable twin little girls, Victoria, and Ysabel.
His previous sweetheart Karla Knafel documented a claim against Jordan that he didn’t pay Knafel $5 million he vowed to pay to stay quiet about their relationship and not recording a paternity suit. Jordan had purportedly paid her $250,000 to stay quiet about their relationship. A DNA test demonstrated Jordan was not the dad of the child.
What is Michael Jordan’s Net Worth?
As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to be $2.1 billion.
Is Michael Jordan active on Instagram?
Michael Jordan isn’t active on Instagram.
Facts of Michael Jeffrey Jordan
- Gender Male
- full nameMichael Jeffrey Jordan
- nicknamesMJ, Air Jordan, His Airness
- birthplaceBrooklyn, New York, United States
- Date of Birth February 17, 1963
- Age 58 years 9 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundBlack
- net worth$2.1 billion
- professionFormer Basketball Player
- weight98 Kg
- height6 feet 6 inches
- hair colorBald
- eye colorBrown