Michel Platini is a former French football player turned manager and administrator who came into prominence during the early ’70s and is also regarded as one of the best football players of all time. Besides that, he also served as the president of the Union of European Football Associations until 2015. Other than that, he is a 3 time Ballon d’Or award winner and has been honored as a Chevalier and Officier of the Légion d’honneur.
Michel François Platini
Le Roi, Platoche
Former Football Player, Manager, Football Administrator
- Father – Aldo Platini (Former Professional Football Player, Director)
- Mother – Anna Piccinelli
- Siblings – Martine Platini (Sister)
- Others – Francesco Platini (Paternal Grandfather)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michel has dated –
- Christelle Platini (1977-Present) – The couple has 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
- High forehead
Michel Platini Favorite Things
- Boyhood Game – Football
Michel Platini Facts
- His father Aldo played football professionally and also served as the long-term director of the Association Sportive Nancy-Lorraine, where Michel started his professional career.
- Michel’s grandfather Francesco immigrated to France shortly after the end of the First World War from Agrate Conturbia.
- He was 16 years old when he earned the much-needed attention after his outstanding performance for the Jœuf juniors at a Coupe Gambardella tournament match against the Metz junior club.
- In the past, Michel fainted during a breathing test on a spirometer. Later, he had been diagnosed with breathing difficulties and a weak heart. Hence, seemingly putting an end to his dreams of becoming a professional football player.
- He and former fellow footballer Jean-Michel Moutier met one another while they played for the AS Nancy.
- On September 26, 1973, Michel played his first amateur game for the French national team.
- In 1975, he started serving in the military and was assigned to the Joinville battalion along with several other sportspeople including Olivier Rouyer, Jean-Michel Moutier, and Maxime Bossis.
- He played for the French under-23 team and the French Olympic team in the past.
- On April 29, 1987, Michel played his last game at the European Championship qualifier against Iceland.
- He was once the highest-scoring French footballers. Also, he had appeared in more than 72 games for the French football team.
- Michel has been regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, the best passer in the history of football, and as a penalty and free-kick specialists.
- On November 1, 1988, Michel replaced Henri Michel as the coach for the French national side.
- He was hired alongside Fernand Sastre on the organizing committee for the 1998 FIFA World Cup.
- From 1988 to 1990, Michel served as a part of the UEFA Technical Development Committee.
- Michel was caught in an ongoing corruption case while he was running for the FIFA presidential campaign. It was announced that he had been wrongfully paid $ 2 million by former FIFA president Sepp Blatter and on December 21, 2015, he along with Michel were both found guilty of the accusations and barred from any association with football until 2023.
Featured Image By Chancellery of the President of the Republic of Poland / / Public Domain
Facts of Michel Platini
- full nameMichel Platini
- Date of Birth June 21, 1955
- Age 66 years 5 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- weight72 kg
- height5 ft 10 in