Mike Conway is a British professional racing driver who has competed in several tournaments in his storied career, including the IndyCar Series, the GP2 Series, the FIA World Endurance Championship, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race. In the FIA World Endurance Championship, he had stood 3rd in 2013 (LMP2 class), 3rd in 2016 (LMP1 class), 2nd in 2018-19 (LMP1 class), and was leading the drivers’ standings in the 2019-20 season (LMP1 class) when the championship was postponed with 2 races remaining due to the coronavirus pandemic. In the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race, he had stood 2nd in 2016, 2018, and 2019; all in the LMP1 class. He had also finished as the runner-up in the 2018 24 Hours of Daytona (P Class) endurance race. Mike had contested a few races in the all-electric Formula E World Championship in the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons. He had also participated as a test driver in the premier F1 tier, in 2007 and 2008.
Sevenoaks, Kent, England, United Kingdom
He is represented by Mark Blundell Partners, Sports Management and Marketing Agency, Royston, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom.
7 – FIA World Endurance Championship
Formula One Teams
Mike has raced for –
- Honda Racing F1 Team (2007-2008) (Test Driver)
- Lean physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Has a spotted patch on his neck
Mike has been sponsored by –
- Bell Helmets
- Prosperity Investment Management
Mike Conway Favorite Things
- Sports – Karting, Road Biking
- Hobbies/Interests – Mountain Biking, Fitness
Source – MikeConway.co.uk
Mike Conway Facts
- Like most professional racers, Mike began his career with karting and had started at the age of just 8. He became the ‘British Junior Champion’ in 1998 and the ‘Formula A British Champion’ in 2000.
- Before joining the GP2 series, the second-tier of the Formula One feeder championship, in 2006, he had won the 2004 Formula Renault UK series, the 2006 British Formula 3 Championship, and the 2006 Macau Grand Prix event. He had also stood 3rd in the 2005 British Formula 3 Championship.
- For winning the British Formula 3 Championship, he was honored with the ‘Paul Warwick Memorial Trophy – National Driver of the Year’ award in 2006 by Autosport magazine. His dominance of the series was such that he had clinched the title with 3 races remaining in the season.
- When he triumphed at the 2006 Macau Grand Prix, he became the first British driver to win the event since Darren Manning achieved the feat in 1999.
- During the final lap of the 2010 Indianapolis 500 race in the year’s IndyCar Series, he met with a serious accident when his car got entangled with a competitor’s and was hurled in the air. Mike suffered a broken leg as a consequence along with a compression fracture of one of his thoracic vertebrae and had to be fitted with a back brace.
Featured Image by Mike Conway / Instagram
Facts of Mike Conway
- Gender Male
- full nameMike Conway
- birthplaceBromley, South East London, England, United Kingdom
- Date of Birth August 19, 1983
- Age 38 years 3 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 12
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundBritish
- net worth$1.02 Million
- professionProfessional Racing Driver
- weight64 kg or 141 lbs
- height5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
- hair colorLight Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildAthletic