Mike Epps is an American stand-up comedian, actor, film producer, writer, and rapper who is best known for playing the character of Day-Day Jones in the stoner comedy film Next Friday (2000). Apart from acting, he has had an extensive career in stand-up comedy and has also released a studio album titled Funny Bidness: Da Album (2009).
Michael Elliot Epps
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Stand-Up Comedian, Actor, Film Producer, Writer, Rapper
- Father – Tommy Epps
- Mother – Mary Reed
- Siblings – He has 8 siblings.
Comedy, Observational Comedy, Satire
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike has dated –
- (2006–2017) – Mike got married to actress Mechelle McCain in July 2006. They have 2 daughters together named Maddie Epps and Mariah Epps. They got divorced in September 2017, after a relationship that had lasted more than a decade.
- Kyra Robinson (2017-Present) – Mike began dating TV executive and producer Kyra Robinson in July 2017 and they got engaged in May 2018. The couple got married on June 23, 2019, in a ceremony in Newport Beach, California. They have a daughter together named Indiana Rose Epps (b. 2020).
Mike has 2 daughters named Bria Epps (b. 1993) and Makayla Epps (b. 1999) from previous unnamed relationship(s).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Lanky frame
- Sports a goatee
- Affable smile
- Has tattoos on both his arms
Mike Epps Facts
- Mike, in the early days of his stand-up comedy career, was once heavily criticized for mocking physically and mentally disabled children in his stand-up routine.
- Apart from his acting and comedy career, he has been heavily involved in the music industry and has even served as the CEO of a record label named Naptown Records. He had signed up an artist named Philthyphil, in 2006, to his label. However, there were concerns raised about the deal from various quarters as the artist had just been released from a 3-year prison sentence on drug-related charges. The deal, worth nearly USD 200k, was canceled in 2007 when that artist was charged with first-degree murder. It was also reported that he was the mastermind behind a drug distribution racket.
- He was the ‘Super Bowl ambassador’ in his hometown of Indianapolis for the 2012 edition of the annual sports event.
- In June 2014, he was accused of physically assaulting fellow stand-up comedian LaVar Walker just outside a comedy club. It was alleged that Mike and 2 of his bodyguards had hit LaVar in the face and kicked him repeatedly, smashed his phone, and crushed his glasses. This was reportedly an act of revenge for LaVar having made a parody video about Mike. The local police had then issued a warrant for Mike’s arrest.
- During a stand-up show in 2017, he had brought a live kangaroo on to the stage. He had received severe backlash for the act, especially after it was noted that the animal was looking distressed and being held against its will. Mike had later issued an apology stating that his act was totally unscripted and that he had no ill intentions.
Featured Image by Mike Epps / Instagram
Facts of Mike Epps
- full nameMike Epps
- Date of Birth November 18, 1970
- Age 52 years 4 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- weight80 kg
- height6 ft 2 in