Vera Mindy Chokalingam
Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
West Hollywood, California, U.S.
In 1997, she graduated from Buckingham Browne & Nichols School in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
In 1998, she enrolled herself into Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Playwriting in 2001. In June 2018, she received an honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters from Dartmouth College.
Actress, comedian, writer, executive producer
- Father – Avu Chokalingam (Architect)
- Mother – Dr. Swati Chokalingam (née Roysircar) (Obstetrician / gynecologist (OBGYN)) (Died of pancreatic cancer in 2012)
- Siblings – Vijay Jojo Chokalingam (Anti-affirmative action activist) (Older Brother)
She is signed to 3 Arts Entertainment.
Satire, improvisational comedy, stand-up comedy, sketch comedy
5 ft 4 in or 162½ cm
65 kg or 143 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mindy Kaling dated –
- (2005-2007) – Actor B. J. Novak and Mindy were an item for two years from 2005 to 2007.
- Benjamin Nugent (2008-2012) – Mindy started dating American writer Benjamin Nugent in April 2008, who is known for his novel . They split in 2012, after dating for 4 years.
Note – She is the mother to 2 children, daughter Katherine Swati (b. December 2017) and son Spencer (b. September 3, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
Both her parents are Indian. Her dad is a Tamilian, while her mom is Bengali.
36-29-37 in or 86-74-94 cm
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Mindy has appeared in numerous commercials including Nationwide Insurance (2015), American Express Credit Card (2015), Xfinity X1 Platform entertainment operating system (2013), and others.
She has appeared in an American Express commercial.
Best Known For
Playing the main role as Kelly Kapoor in the NBC sitcom The Office. She appeared in a total of 174 episodes and besides acting, she was also an executive producer, director, and writer.
Mindy debuted with the 2005 comedy film The 40-Year-Old Virgin for her role as Amy.
First TV Show
In 2005, Mindy appeared in HBO’s comedy series Curb Your Enthusiasm as Richard Lewis’s Assistant in just one episode titled “Lewis Needs a Kidney.”
She works out and goes to barre boutique classes. She the same on Instagram.
She keeps changing her workout routine and even does some running.
Mindy Kaling Favorite Things
- Food – Australian red licorice
- TV Show – The Walking Dead (2010-Present)
- Vacation – New York City
Mindy Kaling Facts
- Mindy can translate the Latin language.
- Kaling in an enthusiastic slow jogger.
- She lost her mother in 2012 due to pancreatic cancer.
- She cites as her influence on her comedy career.
- While at Dartmouth College, she was a part of the improvisational comedy troupe, a cappella group, and a writer for the college’s humor magazine. She was really active.
- Just after completing college, Mindy worked as a production assistant for nearly three months, which is until now her one of the worst job experiences.
- Her parents had first met in Nigeria when they both were working in the same hospital – her mom was a doctor there, and her dad was supervising the building of the wing.
- She is good friends with actor David Harris.
- She was the first female member when she joined The Office writing team at the age of 24.
- ‘s Graceland album makes her cry.
- Moodiness is her pet peeve.
- She cannot live without the Hopscotch coding app.
- She supports Pancan.org charity.
- She has a celebrity crush on .
- She believes Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001) had the greatest ending.
- Her middle name has been taken from the sitcom Mork & Mindy (1978-1982). Actually, her parents were in Nigeria, when Mindy was in her mother’s womb, and Mork & Mindy was the only American show, they got to see there in Nigeria.
- Mindy was also included among the 100 influential people of TIME magazine in 2012.
- She was included in the list of Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” in 2013.
- She was given a place in the Glamour’s Women of the Year list in 2014.
- She has a 1% stake in the football team, Swansea City A.F.C.
- B. J. Novak is the godfather to her daughter Katherine Swati.
- Mindy had won the 2020 People’s Choice Award in the category of “Best TV Show of 2020” for the show Never Have I Ever.
Facts of Mindy Kaling
- full nameMindy Kaling
- Date of Birth June 24, 1979
- Age 44 years 3 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- weight65 kg
- height5 ft 4 in